Chapter 11: Everything

[Three Days Later]

As I sat at my computer and typed I started to grow bored of what I was working on. I was designing a dust fueled propulsion system that would allow travel at the speed of sound. The problem was that dust didn't have the capability of propelling an object to that velocity no matter how much you used. Dust seemed solely dependent on the user's aura, meaning a normal human, or Faunus, wouldn't be able to operate the machine for more then a few minutes before their aura was drained. I sighed and stopped typing, then stood up from my computer and turned around. Standing in the doorway was Ariana. One of her eyes was swollen shut and bruised, she had a busted lip and bruises littering her skin. A few cuts and tears were on her normal White Fang clothes.

Me: "Come here."

I pointed to the chair I was just sitting. Once she was seated I held my hand out towards her.

Me: "Greater Healing."

A golden light appeared in my hands as her wounds began to heal.

Me: "What happened?"

Ariana: "Some thugs..."

Me: "Jumped you on the street?"

She nodded.

Me: "You need to be careful. You aren't strong enough to-"

Ariana: "I know (Y/N)... I'm not strong enough to do anything like you. No one is."

I finished healing her then began looking through my inventory.

Me: "You could've asked me to come with you. Wherever you were going."

Ariana: "I thought you were still mad at me..."

Me: "Why would I be mad?"

Ariana: "I slapped you."

Me: "So? I've been stabbed and still forgave the person. It's called a Pacifist run."

I dropped a few items from my inventory. Clothes, dresses to be precise. Ariana looked at them and turned to me confused.

Ariana: "Why do you have girl clothes?"

Me: "They belonged to a companion of mine. I couldn't bring myself to throw them away."

The dresses were expertly crafted by me. Intricate black and white lace designed most of them, they were her favorite. I turned and began walking away.

Ariana: "Who?"

I stopped.

Me: "Her name was Morrigan. I met her in... I think it was my third dimension. We traveled together for awhile until she died at the jaws of a dragon."

Ariana: "I'm sorry..."

Me: "Don't be. The past is the past."

Ariana: "Were you, you know, close?"

Me: "Are you asking if we were together?"

Ariana: "Yeah."

Me: "I have tried my hand at everything. Even love. Yes. We were. But I came to terms with my loss and I came to terms that even love was temporary and so it is useless."

Ariana: "Why is everything so pointless to you?"

Me: "Everything I do, everything I learn, everything I try, it always ends the same. With me being left with no challenge, no real competition. If you take the hardship out of life, you grow bored."

Ariana: "That's not true... hardship isn't a spice for life. You don't know what it's like, what its like to be powerless."

Me: "And you don't know what it's like to be stronger then everyone. You don't know what it's like to be the best at everything. To look at life as simple. Being all powerful is a curse."