Chapter 15: Player 1

I grabbed onto the Ursa's arm then flipped it over my shoulder sending it into a Beowulf. I pointed my index finger at them and spoke.

Me: "Lightning Spear."

A spear of lightning shot from my finger and went straight through both of them, leaving a nice sized hole in their chests. I then quickly spun on my heel and and landed a roundhouse kick to a leaping Creep's face, sending it flying to the side.

Aurora: "I see that you have multiple spells that could take out a large portion of these creatures. Would it not be best to use one?"

Me: "No. There are friendlies around, plus the collateral damage would be severe. Also, this is more fun."

I turned and saw three Beowulfves charging me.

Me: "Liz Slen Nus."

A frozen wind rushed from the words and froze all three of the Grimm in their tracks.

Me: "Crushing Prison."

An invisible cage formed around them and crushed them into pieces. I took this time to look around at the situation. More students, a large airship along with countless VTOLs and androids plus a few huntsman had arrived and began helping with the infestation. The Grimm were nearly destroyed by now, but I figured I'd help and try to burn a little energy. Honestly with all the help this quest was becoming boring very fast. As I turned to walk away I swatted a leaping Beowulf away with the back of my hand.

Me: "Aurora open a portal to my-"

Female: "Excuse me."

I looked over my shoulder to see a woman approximately 20 years of age or so. She had fair skin, ashen-black hair and bright amber eyes. She wore a crimson dress with glowing yellow highlights. She had a small smile, one that I could tell held mischievous intent.

Me: "Yes?"

Female: "You seem to be leaving, weren't you going to help?"

Me: "The battle is decided, I don't need to be here anymore."

Female: "I see... You fought well, where did you learn to be so powerful?"

I paused a moment, then turned around fully. The way she spoke, the tone in her voice and the way she led up to that question. She only approached me to ask this question.

Me: "True power is not learned, it is made with your own hands."

There was something odd about her presence, I could tell she was somewhat strong however it was not her strength. It's as if she were a proxy of a being more powerful then she could ever hope to be. Or perhaps she had stolen power that was not meant for her.

Me: "I have a suggestion for you."

I let my energy flow freely, not all of it just a small portion but from her change in posture and the expression on her face it was far more then what I needed to use. Her once mischievous and calm demeanor turned to fear and anxiety.

Me: "Perhaps instead of seeking strength from others, you should simply create your own. The most powerful foe, towards all creatures, is one that is unique only to you."

I turned and opened a portal manually, tearing through space easily.

Me: "And know that every strength is also a weakness."

Without another word I stepped through the portal and appeared in my lab.

Aurora: "That woman obviously seeks power, most likely for less then respectable purposes, shouldn't you have dealt with her now?"