Chapter 7

"Come on, I've got breakfast to burn off." Leo spoke as if this whole situation didn't happen and I was gobsmacked.

"What the fuck was that?" I couldn't even help myself trying to stay cool about it.

"Don't worry about it Eli, let's just go." Leo brushed off my concerns and carried on down the alley.

I don't know why, but I followed him until we made it to the park. Neither of us spoke a word about what happened although I'm sure Leo knew I had about a million questions for him.

I knew that he had been kicked out from his old school for fighting, but drug dealing? That was completely different.

As soon as we made it to the start of where I usually begin my run, I took off in a sprint before Leo had even started to warm up.

If I just bombarded him with questions he would just get annoyed and not answer them anyway so I decided to go off on my own for a bit. My brain was reeling to much to engage in a normal conversation with him.

My hair swished from side to side as I turned to start my jog along the far side of the park, preparing my body for the next turn and my next sprint.

Glancing over my shoulder quickly I saw Leo was about twenty paces behind me, also in a moderate jog.

Seeing that he wasn't planning on catching up with me anytime soon, I plugged in my earphones that were wrapped around my phone into my ears and started to blast music through them.

The music distracted me from how out of breath I was so it usually kept me running a bit longer.

By the time I made it to the turn, I paused for a few moments to take some deep breaths but before I could even start to run, a hand on my shoulder made me jump out of my skin.

"Fucking hell!" I shouted, ripping my headphones out my ear and glaring at Leo who had managed to catch up with me in a matter of seconds.

"Jesus, calm down." His voice was deeper than usual, probably from being out of breath.

"What?" I glared at him as I tried to steady my already racing heart beat.

"Look, can you not say anything about the drugs," He looked around, as if to see if anyone was listening "Like, not to anyone."

"Why should I?" I placed a hand on my hip.

Leo was making the situation I was in a hell of a lot more complicated. He was my ballet partner, my brothers new best friend and the guy I was 'spying' on for his crazy mother.

How is it me that ends up in these situations?

"Because it could end bad for both of us." Leo explained and I gave him an incredulous look.

"Excuse me?" Both of my hands were on my hips now as I looked up to him "I won't say anything as long as you don't get me involved in anything. I'm under enough pressure as it is without my god damn dance partner being a drug dealer!"

Annoyingly, Leo just rolled his eyes at me in an over-dramatic way. I groaned out in frustration before plugging in my earphones once again and continuing my run.

-

School on Monday started off like any normal Monday did. A lot of complaining, groaning and bitching.

Personally, I didn't mind Mondays as I seemed to be able to get more work done. Everyone was too busy catching up with each other or catching up on sleep to disturb the teacher so they actually managed to teach.

I was currently sitting in my music class, listening to a backing piece that we had to improvise over.

As the song finished however and Mr Robinson went to explain what to do, an eruption of voices burst through the open windows which caught the attention of every single student in the classroom.