Chapter 21

"Take a seat. Start copying out the text until 4 o clock." Mr Collins instructed as I made my way into the detention room.

It didn't take me long to get there as my last lesson was the room next door so I was the first person. I took the piece of paper that he handed me and made my way to the back of the classroom.

One hour. That's all I had to endure before I could go home and isolate myself in my room.

As I started my task, a couple more students bustled into the room, earning a shout from Mr Collins to shut up and sit down.

I noticed a couple of them stare at me. Probably surprised I was in here since I've never had a detention before.

Seeing goody-two shoes McCoy in here will most likely spread through the school like wildfire by tomorrow.

I put that thought to the back of my mind and continued with the text I had to copy out.

The hour felt like two and I was already two pages into the text when the door swung open with a bang.

I didn't even want to look up to see who it was. I already knew when the person made their way to the back where I was sitting and sat on the desk next to me.

"Mr Taylor. Don't think you can just walk past me after coming in late and ignoring me." Mr Collins snapped from the front. The chubby man made his way over to us and slammed a piece of paper on Leo's desk.

Leo didn't even reply and I could feel his eyes on me as I tried to ignore my surroundings.

This went on for a minute or so before some rustling from beside me snapped me out of my zone. Shortly after a wad of paper hit the side of my head and I jumped from the sudden impact.

Finally looking at Leo, I glared at him "What was that for?" I whispered.

"Ah, so you do know I exist." Leo smirked in reply, his fingers playing with the pen in his hand.

Rolling my eyes, I turned back to my paper, my head resting on my hand and carrying on with copying the text.

Please let that be the only interaction I have with hi-

Whack.

Another ball of paper hit my head and I shut my eyes for a moment. Why is he irritating me so much?

Instead of talking to him or ignoring him, I picked up my paper and bag and moved over three seats so he wasn't near me anymore.

Call me childish but Leo was the last problem I needed right now.

I could hear him laughing quietly from across from me which only made me sigh internally.

Only 30 minutes to go Eliana. You can do this.

Thankfully Leo didn't attempt to talk to me for the remainder of detention. I managed to finish copying the text and handed it to Mr Collins as I made my way out the room.

Leo was forced to stay since he didn't do any work and Mr Collins was questioning him on his whereabouts for the most of the detention so I was able to leave the school without him trying to speak to me.

My walk home took a turn for the worst as it started to rain heavily as I got to the half way point.

Damn it, I left my hoodie in my locker.

I could feel my hair plastering to my forehead as I quickly got drenched from head to toe. The cold rain seeped into my bones and I could feel my jeans beginning to cling to my legs.

God, this chill was going to affect me bad. I didn't want to be ill since I had practice tomorrow and if I had a cold it wouldn't be fun.

Picking up my pace, I nearly ended up sprinting home.