Chapter 43

"Harvey. Please tell me this is not true."

My brother stood across the room from me, frozen in place as he was laying out plastic cups next to the many, many bottles of alcohol.

"Uuh, depends what it is?" He tried to play it innocent, but he knew I was pissed.

"A party? Mum and Dad are going to be back home in the next couple of days and you're going to throw a bloody party?" I could already feel the stress levels in my brain about to explode.

The week had gone by fairly boring. Exams had officially started on Wednesday and I had already done three of mine. I was planning on using this weekend to study hard, but Harvey had decided to throw my plans out the window.

"It's a birthday party for us!" Harvey cheered, continuing to lay out the cups and grabbing onto a 6 pack of beer and shoving it into the fridge.

"And many people have you decided to invite for this party?" It was a stupid question, because I expected at least half the school to be crammed inside our house by tonight.

"Just the usual people, Hunter will be round in like 10 minutes to help me set up, but most of the guys will be round." Harvey replied, bringing out some large mixing bowls from under the counter and placing them on the table, chucking bags of crisps inside them ready to be laid out.

I definitely did not believe him when he said 'the usual people'. I expected at least a hundred people to be wandering around the hallways and making a mess in the garden. Harvey better realise that he's the one cleaning up after this.

"This place better be spotless by the time I get back from my shopping trip tomorrow." I had to go into town to buy a dress for the end of year dance for the Year 11's. At the end of every school year after exams, the school throws a dance for the Year 11's that are leaving so they get the chance to have a party and have fun before leaving.

They decided to do a themed dance for once, usually its just dress up nice and have a good time but they put a theme on it this year. I think they wanted to make things more elegant and fancy this year as it was ball attire. So big fancy dresses and suit and ties all around.

I don't think I've ever worn a dress that cost me over like £20 so this time I was gonna treat myself.

"Yea yea sure." Harvey flapped his hand at me as he began mixing various bottles of alcohol together to make some form of cocktail I would imagine.

Giving up with trying to reason with my brother, I threw my hands up in the air in frustration and headed back to my room. I couldn't help but groan when I saw my desk which was cluttered with texts books and notes from my History and Biology lessons.

I had finished my English literature, Chemistry and one of my Math exams so I didn't have to worry about those ones anymore. I still had Biology and Physics when it came to Science, my English Language exam and then my final Math one and then I was finished with my core subjects.

All the other ones I wasn't too fussed on cramming in for, not to big myself up but I wasn't worried about not doing well in them because I knew I would ace them.

I was a smart kid, and so was Harvey so that's why I focused more on my dance than I did to school half the time.

But with the competition out the way and no more dance lessons for two months, I could finally just relax and focus on my own things.

As soon as I sat down at my desk, my phone pinged from beside me and Leo's name popped up on the screen. He had practically been hiding away in his room so he didn't have to deal with his Mum.