Chapter 6: Dinner ( YELLOW FLICKER BEAT)

This is the start of how it all ever ends
They used to shout my name, now they whisper it
I'm speeding up and this is the
Red, orange, yellow flicker beat sparking up my heart
Yellow Flicker Beat,  Lorde

Liam's dress for the dinner above 💗

Present
I slammed the door close of my office and slid down on the floor. Hot tears were running down my cheeks and I shook horribly. Somehow managing to get to the sofa,  I sat on it and pulled out my medicines from the bag. Lying down I began thinking.

What did I do. How could I let anger get the best of me ? I felt so ashamed and a panic attack right now was the last thing I wanted. I hadn't had one for few months now. I thought I was healing and that they would go finally.

Why does my life have to be so füćked up? I composed myself and thought deeply . No,  I can't let him get to me. I will fight him. Come what may. I have got to be strong. Truth be told,  I wanted revenge on him too. He had destroyed my last hopes on love. He was the reason for my sleepless nights. And now that he's here , I can finally have my fair share of revenge.

My phone buzzed and pulled me out of my thoughts. The ID showed it was dad and I quickly picked up. He never called me during the office time. Is something wrong?

" Hey Dad "

" Hey Ashley. How's my eldest daughter doing? "

" I'm fine dad " I said playing cool, " you can come to the point. " I eye rolled.

He cleared this throat and said,  " I swear Ash,  your mother just won't drop the topic. She's just going on and on. My ears are buzzing listening to the same thing  again and again. She made me call you sweetheart. You know I'd never call you while you're at work,  unless something's important. She... she wants you to come home early. You know , the dinner and all. It's already 4:30 . So... "

" I'll be there." I said with a sigh.
" Tell her to leave right now! " ,my mother screamed on  the other side.

" Yes yes sweetheart, she's coming " , my dad said and immediately hung up.

I shook my head and went out. I tried my best not to look around, in case I saw him and walked out of the building.

*******************

I opened the front door and was I'm greeted by my mother. She had a devil smile and I knew something was cooking.
" I knew you'd be a good girl and listen to your mama. "

" Mom. Stop that baby voice. I had a long day. "

" Okay my love. I've kept your dress for the dinner on your bed. Wear that dress. Wear only that dress ." , she repeated and gave a look which I liked to call 'the do or die look'.

I climbed upstairs sluggishly. I wanted to take my time as meeting the Devil twice a day wasn't something you would want,  would you?

After having a long shower I went to my bed where the dress was. It was an olive green knee length sleeveless dress. I was happy that she had chosen something sober. But it felt too girly for my taste.