Chapter 39 : Blue Socks (ANOTHER LIFE)

Maybe we'll meet again in another life
Maybe we're better in another paradise
Maybe we will meet again
Maybe we will fall again
  Another life , David Guetta ft. Afrojack
*
*
*
Present (two weeks later)

"I can't look. Miranda, you see.", I said turning back.

"Oh hell nawh, I am not looking at it FIRST . Emily, you do it."

"Wh-What? Come on Ashley, you have to do it one time  or the other."

I sighed and nodded, "Fine". I held the pregnancy kit in my hand and waited for two torturous minutes. Two lines decide my future right now. Well, mine and Liam's as well. Talking of which, I have no idea how I am going to tell it to him.

"Ashley, it's been five minutes. Do you even want to check it?", Emily patted my back.

I took a deep sigh and looked down.

One. Two.

Two lines. Perfect two lines.

"Miranda c-can you check the instructions again please?", I whispered.

She rolled her eyes, "Just give it to me."

"OH MY GOSH. ASHLEY PAYNE YOU ARE PREGNANT!", Miranda screamed.

"I'm pregnant.", I smiled as tears brimmed my eyes.

The three of us got in a group hug and they congratulated me.

"You should tell Liam in the most epic way possible! Ohhhh like they do in Youtube videos!" , a very excited Emily chirped.

I laughed and said, "You're right. He does deserve to know about this in the most epic way possible."

********
So here's the plan. First I'm going to go doctor and get an ultrasound if possible, wrap it up nicely and then wrap the pregnancy kit showing the two cute lines and then gift both to him when he comes back in the evening and I've also planned a romantic date for us at the terrace. The girls helped me a lot in arranging everything.

"Ready to see your future baby?", Emily chuckled to which I nodded excitedly.

Miranda had a shift to cover at the cafe,so Emily is coming with me.
"Send me the picture once you get it.", Miranda had said as she left.

"So,do you have any specific doctor you'd like to go to?", she asked as we got into the car.

"Nope. It's the first time I'm pregnant and I have no idea what to do.", I blushed and smiled.

"Awww, look at you , looking like a good momma bear already!", she laughed.

"Emily!", I playfully smacked her arm.

"Anyway,jokes apart, I know this great doctor who's a friend of mine who could suggest you a gynaecologist."

"That'd be great Emily, thanks!"

"Oh don't thank me. I'm about to become an aunt!"

**************
"Dr.Murray will see you next. Please sit here for the time being.", the lady at the front desk said with a smile.

We smiled back and went to take our seats. Maybe this is a good time to call Liam and ask him to come back home quickly.

He picked up after the second ring, "Hey beautiful."

"Busy?"

"Nah. What's up?"

"Will it be possible for you to come home by seven tonight?", I bit my lip as a sign of worry.