Chapter 8 : Simple ( DIAMONDS)

You're a shooting star I see, a vision of ecstasy
When you hold me, I'm alive
We're like diamonds in the sky
Diamonds, Rhianna

Present
The ride was more or less bearable and it was only because of the women in the back seats. Liam was driving the car and I was on the passenger seat while my mother and Natasha were at the back.

They kept on talking about the rings, guests, wedding dress, place, priest and I just nodded once in a while when asked about my opinion. We reached Tiffany and Co. in about an hour and it felt like it was the longest ride of my life. Not even for once I spared a look towards Liam. I was already too upset and he was just sprinkling salt on my open wounds.

Once the car stopped, I sprinted out and stood beside my mother. She gave me a look and nudged me to walk with Liam. But I knew it better, so I started walking ahead of everyone, defying my mother. The Andersons were really wealthy and so the wedding along with the rings had to be extravagant. Exactly opposite of how I am.

I'm not really a materialistic person. I always wanted life to be simple, nothing too much. But well, hoping leads you no where. Look where life got me. I unconsciously eye rolled at that.

We entered the building and just couldn't overlook how many girls were already throwing flirty looks at Liam. Seriously? This guy? Wish they knew the real him. It wasn't like I cared. Yet I couldn't help but feel a bit jealous. Teeny tiny bit. I swear. Not much.

" Mr. Anderson! Welcome back. How can I help you today ? ", a middle aged man walked towards him with a smiling face.

" Hello Richard.", Liam said.
So the name's Richard.

" This is my mother as you already know. This my Ashley, my fiance and thats her mother , Linda . We're here for engagement rings ", Liam continued.

" Hello everyone. Pleased to see you all. Follow me. "

We all followed him to the second floor. The place was so beautiful and so shiny. A bit too shiny rather. Necklaces, bracelets, earrings and what not. There were some jewellery which I hadn't seen before. Where do people wear those? I was the kind of person who would  mistaken ear studs for nose studs. Yep. That's me.

We all gathered around the counter and after a while, Richard came in with five boxes and opened each one in front of us in a line. Each box atleast had ten rings. The moment they opened I felt like I was going to go blind. Everyone was looking at me and that's when I realised that I had to do the herculean task. Choose.

Girls take hours to choose, no offense but I've seen Miranda and many others . And I wasn't an exception to that fact. Choosing was my last capability.

***
After like an hour we still sat like we were and both the women were eating my head alive.

" I'm sorry , miss. But these were the ones that were the costliest in our showroom. ", Richard apologized .

The 'costliest ' ones? Seriously Liam?

" Well, it's okay. We don't need the ' costliest ' ones. Just show some of your best. " , I said with a smile.

Liam looked at me and said, " But -"

" Money doesn't matter , love. Me being with you for the rest of the life does. " , I faked innocence and smiled.

Everyone went ' Awww ' and I mentally eye rolled.

Then a few other boxes came and suddenly one ring caught my attention. It was a simple ring with a diamond on top and a few on either sides of it. It wasn't too extravagant nor too shiny like the ones before. It was simple. Just like I wanted.

I took it in my hand and tried it on. That's it. You're coming home. I smiled and looked at others. Liam had a look I couldn't decipher and his lips tugged a bit into a smile.

" This one it is. " , Richard chirped.

*****************We were traveling back home and decided to have lunch outside before going

*****************
We were traveling back home and decided to have lunch outside before going. We entered an Italian restaurant and took our seats. Both my mother and Natasha went to the washroom to freshen up and I was left alone with Liam. I'm guessing they did it on purpose.

" The ring's simple. " , he broke the silence.

" Oh I'm so sorry. The taste didn't match yours, princess? " , I said .

He glared at me and looked away. I always knew how to shut him up. He was a gym freak. Well, used to be. And princess was the last thing you'd want to tell him. That's why I used to call him 'Hulk' instead.

We ordered pasta and the conversations were filled with wedding, wedding and wedding. I now wished that I went out with mine and his dad rather than our moms. They would go on and on about football but that's still bearable.

After half an hour we reached home and I was sleepy already.

"Thanks for the ride. And we enjoyed the day very much. " , my mother said as we got down.

I mentally scoffed at that . Yeah right. More like only you did, mom. I made my way to the front door without looking back . But I could feel his eyes on my back and unintentionally a blush creeped on my face.

" So Ashley, you're getting engaged in three days. How do you feel? "

" I feel like I'm on top of the moon, mother. ", I said with sarcasm.

" Awww my baby. I knew you'd make the right decision. You're getting married I can't even believe it. ", she said and hugged me.

This woman can't even understand sarcasm! What the heck?

I just gave a small sigh and went upstairs. I dropped on the bed without caring to freshen up or change. It was a long day. At least for me.

And then darkness consumed me.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hey y'all!!
Fourth update!!
Here's chapter eight for you guys.
And

WE CROSSED 150 READS!!

YAAAAAYYYYYY

Keep sharing my story.
And keep voting.
Please keep voting to get more and more updates and chapters!

FOLLOW ME ON WATTPAD FOR LATEST UPDATES AND VARIOUS OTHER THINGS.

INSTAGRAM ID: whitedandelions001

So go ahead and follow me for various updates.

And if you can make covers for books on wattpad please DM me.

See you next time

Love you,
Candy 💗