Chapter 18 : Two Weeks (SUGA SUGA)

You got me lifted shifted higher than a ceilin'
And ooh wee it's the ultimate feelin'
You got me lifted feeling so gifted
Sugar how you get so fly?
Suga suga how you get so fly?
Suga, Baby Bash.

Liam above ^^^

I'm drooling so bad

Present

I straightened my pencil skirt again. I hated waking up so early in the morning. But well, I can't complain now. I have a job and I'm not in school anymore.
I wasn't really the type who would wear loads of make up for work. I mean, it's not a fashion parade. And moreover, I felt extra sweaty and gross.
It's currently 8: 00 and office doesn't open until 9:00. But since it was atleast twenty minutes away, I felt like I was pretty much okay with today's schedule and time.
Moreover I wanted to check on the Asian Corporation's file. It'll take some time.
Walking downstairs I put my bag on the sofa beside my laptop bag. Putting my phone on charge I sat at the table. Freshly baked croissant's smell hit my nose and I inhaled deeply. Mom walked in with the breads and kissed my cheek. She's normally all cranky but today she was behaving odd. Not that I mind. In fact I liked it.

" What's up, Mom?", I asked.

" What? "

" It's just... I don't know, you're acting all..... different.", I tried explaining.

" Different? " , she frowned.

" Yeah. You look happy. ", I tried making sense.

" Happy? Do I not look happy everyday? Are you telling me that I look sad? Sad and depressed? Ashl- "

" Woah Mom, stop! Jesus! I was just trying to say good morning. " ,I dropped the topic. This woman and her mood swings are so unpredictable.

" Oh " , she smiled, " good morning sweetheart. " ,she chirped.

See? I told you.

I shook my head and concentrated on my breakfast. " Where's Dad? ",I asked.
Usually he would wake up really early like the doctor had prescribed. He went for morning walks and was never late.
" Oh honey, he came back home really late from the Anderson's. He's still asleep. "

I had completely forgotten about the stolen transactions of the Anderson company. I made a mental note of asking Liam . Wait,  probably not Liam. He would still be avoiding me like plague. I'll just ask Mr. Anderson or dad.

Finishing my breakfast I hopped into my Cadillac ATS.  I turned up the volume of the radio as Suga Suga came on play .

You got me lifted shifted higher than a ceilin'
And ooh wee it's the ultimate feelin'

I hummed the tune while stopping at the traffic signal.  Suddenly my phone beeped and the ID showed an unknown number.

"Hello? "

"Where are you? ", someone barked on the other side.

"Liam? "

" I don't think you should call your boss by the first name. It's really rude. But what's worse is that I don't like my personal assistant late for work. And your 15 minutes late! "

" But the office doesn't open till 9 : 00 " , I gritted out.

"Well then Ms. Payne, it does from now on. For you. Now get here fast!  Is that clear? "

I scowled at the road ahead of me and inhaled deeply, "Yes sir. "

******
I parked the car outside and hurried inside with keys. All the senior post members have the key of the front door. I hurried to the lift and pressed 23.