Chapter 7 : Ring On It ( PUT A RING ON IT)

I'm up on him, he up on me
Don't pay him any attention
'Cause I cried my tears for three good years
You can't be mad at me
Put a ring on it, Beyonce

Past

We were currently sitting beside the lake. Its our fifth date. Damn, this thing is becoming kinda official now.
But I can't put my heart on the line again. I can't give him false hopes. I can't give myself false hopes. I can't love. I just can't. I need to talk about it. He needs to know.

" Liam? "

" Hmm? ", he faced  me. We were lying on the grass and looking at the moon above. It was quiet and peaceful here. No noise. No people. Just us.

" Where is this thing going? "

" The moon? Well, last I remember, around the earth. "

I gave out a small laugh and he did too. " No stupid. The thing as in... us. "

He sat up now and crossed his legs.
" Where do you want to go? I can take you places you've - "

" Liam, please. I'm serious. I just... I don't know, I don't think this is getting anywhere. You told me that if it doesn't work, we'll end it. And right now, Liam I don't know what's going on between us. I don't know anything anymore. I feel like a disappointment being your girlfriend. I can't even make you happ-"

I felt his hand rush to my mouth and hold it in his palm, while he pulled me on his lap.
" Don't ever , ever say that Ashley. You are and you shall always be the best thing that happened to me. I know that it's not easy to fall in love after what you went through. But I promise you I'll never let you down. I promise to be the light of your candle. Let me brighten your darkness. I promise to be the cheese of your pizza.... "
I let out a small giggle at this.
" ....you're my air. Let me breath you. Let me stay. Stay with me. I don't think I can let go of you, Ashley. Cause you're the diamond of my ring, the beat of my heart. "

I felt tears rim the sides of my eyes and I touched his forehead with mine. He wrapped his arms around me and I did the same, only more tightly. I didn't want him to go. I held him as if my life depended on it.
" Liam I.. I..I just. What happened.. "

" Sshhhh. What happened has happened. It's all in the past. I'm here for you. Always and forever. "

I pulled out of the hug and again touched his forehead with mine , my hand drawing circles on his arms.
" Your hands are like... I don't know, muscular. Like hulk. "
He giggled, " After two years of working out in the gym, finally a compliment! ", he said lightening the mood.
I let out a sigh, " My hulk. "

" My nerd. "

********************

The days were passing slower than usual. Its been three days since the engagement was announced and I didn't feel good. I thought I should take a leave from the office , I didn't want to see his face after what happened. But then again,  I had to meet him in order to talk about anything regarding work cause now he's the ' boss '.
So I figured that I had to go to the office one way or the other. Thankfully he wasn't anywhere to be seen these days. Maybe he won't come. But I still had to be careful.

I was still in my office when my phone buzzed. It was mom. This woman I tell you.
" Yes, mom. "
" Ashley dear,  Mrs. Anderson and I have decided that three of us should go and decide on the rings. The engagement is knocking on the door. " , she squealed like a baby.
" Mom, I'm busy. Just choose anything you like. It's not like I care anyway. "

" Ashley!  Don't talk like this. And I didn't ask you.  Im telling you to be home within half an hour. We'll leave from here. ", and with that she hung up.

Fudge . My. Luck.

I swear God is bored out of his wits and is laughing his heart out whilst watching me suffer.

I slammed my laptop close and flinched at the sound. And then apologized to my laptop.
You heard me right. I do that.

***

I reached home safely and within 20 minutes.  But as soon as I entered the living room,  I saw that along with my mom and Mrs. Anderson, sat the devil himself.

" Liam too will be accompanying us. He himself wanted to. Isn't that sweet Ashley? " , my mom chirped.
He looked at me with an innocent face and was trying hard not to smirk.

" I hope you don't mind,  babe. "

I.
Want.
To.
Kill.
This.
Man.
So.
Bad.

But played cool remembering last time we met.
" Of course not, babe. "

<><><><><><><><><><><>

Sooooooooo..... Third update this week!
I feel like I'm on fire.
XD

KEEP VOTING AND PLEASE KEEP ON SHARING THE STORY

Spread love cause the world is so small for hate and regret.
(Although my characters hate each other, but let's wait for the ending
*evil smile *)

Love you,
Candy