six

Neatly laying on the white duvet of the bed, a neon blue luggage bag with different items of clothing scattered left and right

Tears would freeze before they reached the ground, her once tanned, golden skin was now as pale as the snow falling outside.
The roots of her brown hair slowly fading into her silver hair began to grow, but that wasn't her concern at the time.

The disgusting feeling of his fingers, freely moving against her most private area. The shock still roaming in her veins, a headache would be present by now if it weren't for the state of shock she remained in.
Mom was right.

She stuffed shirt after shirt, jacket after jacket, shoe after shoe into her luggage.
Attempting to carelessly shove her laptop underneath her hair dryer, Carola's index fingernail snapped.
The girl gasped and hissed as blood quickly trickled from beneath her fingernail. She held her wrist tightly with pressure, concealing the pain and letting the blood flow out of her nail.
Carola stared at her lonesome broken nail on her laptop, and it was as though it was her queue to imitate it.
She fell onto the floor beside her bed and brought her knees up to her chest, silently weeping.

Kelsey opened the door to their dorm room.
The woman saw her roommate on the floor, weeping, the luggage still pathetically open on her bed.
"Carola, what happened?"

But nothing emitted from the girl. She shut her eyes and wished Kelsey would leave, but sadly, she didn't possess that kind of power.
Stood watching all this go down at the door was Taehyung.

He had his hands in his pockets, his eyes fixed on Carola, dismissing the consoling roommate kneeling in front of her.
Taehyung took the liberty to step inside the room, capturing the attention of Kelsey and Carola.
"I am her friend. Let me talk to her."

His broken English was enough to send the message.
Kelsey slowly turned her head to look into Carola's glassy eyes.
Defeated, the woman stood up and gave Taehyung an apathetic expression before walking out the room.

His heavy footsteps filled the room as he walked towards her and sat down on his knees, his eyes examining her. Not with judgement, but with kindness in his heart for the first time in forever.
"Give me your hand, please."

She sniffed and hid her face into her knees. She didn't know who to trust anymore, she was awaiting another chaotic mess to happen at any given moment.
Taehyung blinked as she refused to stick her hand out. He nodded his head and looked around the room before standing up to go inside the bathroom.
Despite her state, Carola grew curious as she patiently waited for him to come back.
The man arrived with a razor from a shaving tool in between his thumb and index finger.

Taehyung sat back down in front of Carola with the razor in hand. He looked deep into her eyes, letting her get lost and hypnotised from his intoxicating presence before he glanced down at his hand.
Carefully and with no hesitation, the man pierced the skin on his index finger, right beneath his nail.
He exhaled softly as the blood quickly trickled down his fingers and to his palm.

What the hell was he doing?

Carola gasped softly, her eyes glued to his slender finger.
"Why would you do that?" She croaked out, her whimpering dying down.
"Someone broke your trust." He came to the conclusion, looking into her eyes and ignoring her question.
Carola nodded quickly, not bothering to question how he managed to figure that one out.
Taehyung stood up and walked to the bathroom again.

The water began to run.
Confusion washed over her. He certainly had a way to make people forget things in the most peculiar way possible.
After a few minutes, Taehyung emerged from the bathroom and helped up Carola.
She followed him into the bathroom and stared at the bathtub, half filled with water.
"Wh-What is this?"

"I think it's important to wash away the dirt left on you."
Carola blinked away extra tears, her eyes flickering back to look at the peculiar man.
Her eyes made the fire inside him roar. He thought they were the most beautiful things he's ever seen. They reminded him of the forest, specs of gold raining onto the greenery of her eyes.

His heart ached to see her in so much pain. His world had crashed down many years ago, and she was slowly rebuilding it through oblivion.
Taehyung wanted to give her space, however. Unaware of what horrors she went through, he thought he was probably the last thing she wanted to see.

But how wrong he was.
The man would step out of the bathroom quietly as she eyed the bathtub, but she wasn't ready to become sober.
He intoxicated her, made her forget her worries just from his presence.
Carola slid her fingers gently onto his wrist to stop him, that being the first time she touches him.
His skin felt so soft underneath her fingertips. She felt the blood pumping in his veins when she held his wrist, sending electricity throughout her entire body.

"Stay with me."

He shut the door of the bathroom.
Carola, in her leggings and sky blue shirt, dipped inside the bathtub, soaking her clothes.
Her once sky blue shirt turned deep like the Mediterranean Sea. Her pale skin glistened underneath the water like diamonds.
Taehyung allowed the warm water to coat his body, darkening the colour of his brown chemise.

The sound of the water moving filled the air eerily. Both of them, basically strangers, sat opposing one another in an already small bathtub. The white walls similar to the noise refusing to leave Carola's ears.
"Carola."

His deep voice blared in the bathroom. The sobbing woman let out a sound in response to her name being called out.

...

"Don't leave me."