[ 22 ] ㅡ monthlies

Darkness embellished with twinkling stars engulfed the evening skies of Korea. We are currently cruising down the highway that showcases the ocean as I stretched out my hand to feel the very cold air after opening the window. I can hear the waves louder. Louder but calming.

Suddenly, I withdrew my hand back inside after seeing the tinted windows rising up to close.

"Aren't you cold?" he queried, looking at me.

"A little but I seem to not mind it," I replied, smiling at him. "Where are we going now?" I inquired subsequently.

"To the nearest place for us to crash," he deadpanned, rubbing his neck for a second. "I'm drained," he added exhaustedly.

"What? We didn't even do anything," I responded, letting out a quiet laugh.

"Hey, you think driving's not exerting some effort?" he growled.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry," I chuckled, raising my arms.

Fortunately, we found a motel with a gasoline station and a small convenience store. We never forgot to wear our disguise gearsㅡjust baseball caps and a pair of black sunglasses.

There were a few cars and one motorcycle that were parked nearby. Must be travelers as well.

First, he quenched the car's thirst before grabbing chips and beverages on the store. I brought the groceries while he was the one carrying both our backpacks. We immediately headed towards the motel and stopped at the desk to check in.

"We have only one room available. The smallest one with only one bed. No balcony but has aircondition and television," the man on the desk stated very fast the moment we reached his location.

"Okay, we'll take it," Yoongiya responded right away, clinging the other bag to his arm to be able to fish out his wallet. "How much does that room cost per night?" he asked, ready to take out his debit card.

"₩80,000," the man answered, giving us our room's key.

Jagi easily paid for it before the man handed us a log book along with our key. We automatically exchanged glances. Until a crazy idea stabbed my brain, causing for me to snatch the pen with delight.

"What the hell?" Yoongiya whispered to my ear with a chuckle when he saw what I jotted down on the paper, resting his head on my shoulder as his free arm was around my waist.

I clutched the key to my hands, grabbing him as we jogged towards our designated area.

"Song Jong Ki? Song Hye Kyo?" he mocked as we got inside the room.

"What? You have a problem?" I grimaced, putting down the plastic bag on a small coffee table.

"You are such a cheeseball," he remarked, simpering.

"Wow, coming from the man who drove to the beach to see the sunset with his girlfriend," I sarcastically bite back, picking up the remote control.

"You're lucky, you are on your period," he grumbled but I chose to ignore him. I'm busy on making the television spark to life.

I pressed the power button twice already but it won't work. "What the hell is wrong with this shit?" I mumbled, my annoyance was rapidly escalating.