TWENTY FOUR

UNEXPECTED
- xxiv-

- REAL LIFE -

Tom woke up early the next morning, ready for the day ahead of him. He was beyond excited to visit the children of the hospital because it was something he had been wanting to do ever since the release of civil war. However, due to his busy schedule of auditions and filming, he never found the time to collect the suit from Marvel and spend a full day with the children.

He left his bed, still half asleep and began to get ready for the day ahead. Checking his watch, he noticed that the time was only 8am and knew he had ages until Harrison would get up or his friends would arrive. Entering his bathroom, he quickly hopped in the shower to wake himself up.

Half an hour later, Tom was sat on the sofa in the rented home, his phone in hand and the TV on in the background. After around half an hour of scrolling through Instagram, Tom heard the sound of the shower turning on and obviously assumed that Harrison was now awake.

As soon as the clock hit 9 there was a knock the the front door and since his friends weren't expected till 10, he worried in case there were fans who came looking. He took cautious steps towards the door and looked through the peephole to see that Jasmine was stood at his doorstep.

Letting out a sigh of relief, he opened the door to his friend with a huge grin resting upon her features.

"Hey, sorry I'm early. I've been ready for ages so thought I'd come down now." Jasmine shrugged her shoulders once she spoke and Tom let out a light laugh at what she said.

"Hey, it's no problem! I've been up ages waiting for Harrison anyway." Tom replied before opening the door and letting Jasmine walk past him and into the living room. As Jasmine walked past, he took in the outfit she wore.

Her figure was clothed in a pair of blue jeans with a thin jumper tucked in. The outfit was finished off with a pair of converse and her hair curled perfectly. She started fidgeting with the camera in her hand as she continued to speak.

"Z was still getting ready when I finished so she said she'd just meet me here." Jasmine stayed before taking a seat on the sofa, Tom following after her. Taking a seat, Tom ran his hand through his hair as he thought of something to talk about.

"I hope you don't mind that I brought my camera to take some pictures." The young Latina asked, lifting up her camera and shaking it lightly.

"No of course not, we've got permission from the staff at the hospital to film and take pictures so it's no problem." Tom looked towards Jasmine sat beside him and smiled at her. The two of them made eye contact and without them realising, they looked towards each other for at least a few minutes. They took in the glimmer in each other's eyes and couldn't look away from the trance until they were interrupted.

"Tom do you know where my- Oh Jasmines here, don't worry I'll find it!"

***

An hour later, the rest of their friends had arrived at the house and immediately set off to the hospital which was around a 20 minute drive away. They all got inside a car that Tom had rented for his trip. They all took a seat inside the car and Tom drove, Jasmine sat in the passenger seat after all of her friends insisted whilst the rest of them sat in the back.

Jasmine didn't question the look that her friends gave her as she sat in the passenger seat because what she didn't notice was that every time they stopped at a red light, Tom took a quick glance at the woman sat beside him. At every traffic light, he took in the features of her side profile and smiled at the excited look on her face. You could tell from the glow in her cheeks and the glimmer in her eyes, she was so excited to meet the children and deliver the toys.