FOURTY NINE

UNEXPECTED
- xlix -

It was the night of the New Year party and the preparation was already well under way. The four of the girls had decided to get 2 rooms to share between them all. Amelia and Jasmine were in one room and, fortunately, across the hall was where Zendaya's and Laura's room was.

Tony and Jacob were staying at Harrison's and Tom's apartment during their stay. The 4 of them were already preparing for the night ahead of them as they all wanted it to be amazing.

They had all decided that even without Dove, it would be the best New Year ever. Every member of their friendship group was beyond excited for the events about to take place that night, especially Jasmine.

The young Latina had never been to a party in such a long time and felt that she needed to let loose after such a prolonged amount of time. She wanted to have a night to celebrate and party with her closest friends because she felt that she deserved it.

"You wanna start getting ready now?" Jasmine turned her head towards Amelia and saw her laid down on her single bed of the hotel room, her phone in her hand.

"Yeah, should we tell Z and Laura to come through?" Jasmine asked, knowing that they were all going to get ready together. Amelia just mumbled a 'yes' in response, clearly very involved in her conversation she was having. Jasmine picked up her phone and texting Zendaya as Amelia continued to type on her phone.

Within a few minutes, Z and Laura came charging into the room, outfits, makeup and hair supplies piled into their arms. Everything was then dropped onto the bed that wasn't occupied by Amelia before they began setting everything up.

The four girls chose Amelia's and Jasmine's room to be the one they got ready in because upon arrival, they noticed a huge mirror placed on the wall. They knew it would be perfect for the women as they helped each other get ready.

Zendaya had been given the job of the makeup, Laura had been given the job of the outfit choices and Amelia was given the job of the hair. When making the plans, Jasmine insisted on having a job to do on the girls and they all refused her persistence. Her three friends told the Latina that she needed to look her best for tonight so they wanted to help in any way they could.

"Right girls! Let's get sorted. Jasmine you take a seat and we'll get started." Laura started throwing commands to the young women in the room and they all laughed in response at the seriousness of the young actress.

Jasmine complied to Laura and took a seat in front of the mirror and watched as Amelia took her place behind her and Zendaya started grabbing makeup products from her bag.

The young Latina relaxed in the seat as Amelia started to loosely curl her raven locks and Zendaya started to place products on her face.

"You nervous for tonight Jaz?" Jasmine looked into the mirror to look at Laura as she sat on her bed. Jasmine had never really thought about the events about to take place tonight until now. It was almost as if her mind just blocked it out until the last minute.

"I've not really thought about it, but yeah, I'm nervous about his response." It was almost as if all the panic set in at once and doubts started swimming her mind. She felt them circle round and round and all Jasmine could think about were the negative outcomes.

In Jasmine's head, the positive outcomes outweighed the negative but the one ones noticeable to her were the negative. All Jasmine could think about was the fact that she would most likely get turned down.

"Don't worry Jaz, you'll be fine honestly. Once we get you dressed up you'll have the perfect amount of confidence to tell him exactly how you feel." Zendaya's comforting words were spoken to try and soothe the fear bubbling in her stomach however it didn't work in the slightest.