FIFTY

UNEXPECTED
- l -

When Jasmine got to the apartment of Harrison and Tom she never expected it to be so busy. As soon as herself and her three friends were welcomed into the apartment by Tony, they quickly realised how many people were there. It seemed that the British boys had several friends that none of the Americans knew about.

However, the large crowds didn't stop Tom from noticing his friends stood at his doorway. Before taking steps towards them, his eyes scanned the short Latina stood in the middle of her friends and he felt the words get caught in his mouth. He couldn't take his eyes off her, Jasmines figure perfectly emphasised by the outfit she wore. He could see the flawless makeup on her face from the distance he stood and he didn't know how he would form any words in his mouth once he greeted her.

"Close your mouth Tom, you'll catch flies." Tom felt a pat on his back and turned his head to his best friend, a red solo cup in his hand. Paranoid that someone noticed his actions, Tom quickly closed his mouth.

"She looks amazing Harrison." Tom said, his eyes never leaving Jasmine as he watched her converse with some of his high school friends.

"You're actually whipped mate." Harrison stated, he knew that his friend was completely falling for this woman and he hoped that she was the perfect one for him. In his opinion, Tom had never liked someone this much, not even Elle.

Harrison wasn't surprised when Tom ignored his comment and gestured to his friend to follow him over to the girls that entered a few minutes prior.

"Hey guys. You all look great!" Harrison was the first to speak up as he reached their friends. He reached over to each of the girls and kissed them on the cheek and wrapped his arms around them as they thanked him for the compliment.

Tom had no clue what to say so he just followed the movements of his friends until he reached Jasmine. His arms seemed to linger around her for much longer than the others. It was obvious enough that their friendship group noticed and internally awed.

Tom wrapped his arms around Jasmine and rested his head atop of hers, whilst her head rested on his chest. Jasmine listened to Toms heartbeat for a few moments, whilst he closed his eyes and took in the feeling of content.

However, the hug finished as quickly as it started but to the two of them it felt like a lifetime.

"You look amazing Jaz." Tom said as best he could with stumbling on his words or stuttering and making himself sound like a fool. His heart pounded in his chest as he spoke the words to the woman in front of him.

"Thank you Tom, you look really great." Jasmine replied, a harsh blush forming on her cheeks, however it wasn't visible to the eye as it was hidden beneath the layer of makeup. Tom felt his cheeks heat up at the words of Jasmine also, his heart pounding even more and his hands beginning to feel clammy.

He was supposed to confess his feelings to this woman and can't even compliment her without getting all flustered.

"Thanks. Would you like a drink?" Jasmine nodded in response to Toms question before following him over to the kitchen island. She then poured herself a solo cup and beginning to mingle with the huge crowd.

***

Hours had passed since the beginning of the party and it was nearing the time when the clock struck midnight for the New Year. At that moment in time, Jasmine was talking to a few girls that Tom and Harrison used to go to school with.