THIRTY THREE

UNEXPECTED
- xxxiii -

- REAL LIFE -

Jasmine had been sat, curled up on the sofa of her trailer since the tweet was released. She felt as if she couldn't move unless it was for necessities. Jasmine didn't think that this would ever go away, she had been put into the mindset as this was now the end of her career.

Her mind was clouded with thoughts over whether she should reply back with the truth or whether it's best to leave the situation as it is and hope it dies down eventually. She didn't want it to become a battle over who told the truth so her thoughts were very conflicted.

Her phone was sat on the kitchen table across the room from her, upside down. She knew it was it was blowing up with text messages and phone calls from her friends, family and even her costars. The people she was working with hadn't seen her in days because she refused to open the door to them. After admitting everything and telling them what really happened, Jasmine just wanted to be alone and thankfully her costars did leave her by herself.

Within the first hour of the tweet being posted, her acting agent had bombarded her with texts saying that she had several people on the phone trying to get the tweet removed. Jasmine was so thankful for her and in times like this, she was happy that she knew what had gone on so she had the ability to make it right.

As F.R.I.E.N.D.S continued to play on the screen, Jasmine heard a knock on her trailer door. Assuming it was another attempt at her costars trying to get her out, she just simply ignored it. As her eyes started to concentrate on the words spoken by Rachel and Monica, there was another several knocks on the door.

Jasmine let out a sigh before leaving the warm comfort of her blanket to answer the door. As she unlocked the door and swung it open, Jasmine felt as if all the air had been forced out of her lungs. She couldn't quite believe what she was seeing.

Tom was stood there, with a backpack resting over his shoulders and a small suitcase in another hand. The man in front of her took in the features of the actress and almost cried right there and then.

She stood at the door, her body drowning in a baggy jumper and a pair of long pyjama trousers. Her eyes were bloodshot and red raw from crying and there were evident tear streaks running down her face. Tom had never seen her in such a state before but his heart still swelled as he stood in her presence.

Jasmine didn't know what came over her, it was as if she was being pushed towards him, but she stumbled down the stairs and wrapped herself up in Toms arms. The actor holding her dropped his suitcase and wrapped his arms around her shoulders, pulling her as close as humanly possible.

Jasmine rested her head on his chest, almost as if this was what she had been waiting for over the past few days. The actress had been claiming she wanted to be alone but deep down she wanted comfort from the man she had become so close with.

As Tom pressed and kiss to her head she began to listen to his heartbeat as the tears streamed down her face, Jasmine realised something she should've known long ago.

Jasmine Watts finally realised that Tom would always be there for her, he wasn't someone to let you down or only be there for you when he pleases. Tom was loving, kind and will always be one of the most important people in the world to Jasmine.

In this situation, the trauma she was going through, may have been the worst time to realise this but it had to happen eventually.

Jasmine Watts was falling for Tom Holland.

***

It didn't take much longer before the pair released themselves from the hug before making their way into Jasmines trailer. Tom quickly dropped the bags by the door before wandering over and taking a seat beside Jasmine.

"I don't want to sound rude but why did you come here?" Jasmine asked as she was very curious. She knew in her heart that she wanted him here but she didn't know his reasoning for coming.

"I needed to make sure you're okay. I couldn't continue filming without making sure of that." Jasmines heart rate increased as the words left his mouth and she knew that she was beyond grateful for having this man in her life.

"I won't lie Tom, I'm not the best which you can probably tell." Jasmine let out a light laugh once she spoke and turned to lower the volume of the TV.

"It's understandable." The pair sat in a comfortable silence for a few moments. Jasmine knew that Tom had things he wanted to ask and she hadn't spoken to anyone in days. It was as if she had forgotten how to socialise.

"I know you probably don't wanna talk ab-." Jasmine cut off Toms rambling by placing her hand onto his forearm which was resting lightly on his leg.

"Tom, don't worry. I need to talk about it eventually." Jasmine took a breath as she waiting for the question to leave his lips.

"Amelia mentioned that what Jake claims never happened, and I believe her, but she said that there was something that you would need to tell me." Tom said slowly, anticipating the reaction of Jasmine. When he watched her fall into a silence, he regretted his decision immediately and quickly started rambling.

"But obviously you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to-." Jasmine placed her hands into Toms and shook her head.

"No I need to tell you. I trust you Tom and it's something I need to do." Tom nodded his head in response and took note of how Jasmines hands shook lightly in his and how she let out a deep breath before continuing.

"What Jake has said about me is false. He said those things because he thought that me apparently dating someone would ruin his reputation." Jasmine paused for a moment, not knowing how she was going to word this. When she had told the cast, the words just spilled out because she was still sobbing and shaking from the recent events.

"W-What really happened between me and Jake was he-he." Tom squeezed Jasmines hands lightly to try and give her comfort and it did. The warmth of his hands consumed hers as she continued to speak.

"Jake was the one who cheated on me. The reason we split was because I caught him in bed with another woman that he had been seeing for 3 months." Jasmine let out a shaky breath once she spoke, feeling the tears well up in her eyes.

She hated speaking of the events of that night due to the fact that it brought back every last detail. It reminds her of when her heart physically broke at the sight of her boyfriend in the middle of sleeping with another woman. It reminded her of the hot, distraught and angry tears she felt run down her face as she screamed and shouted at him, watching him hurry to put his clothes back on. It reminded her of the slamming door she heard as she stormed out and down the stairs.

It also reminds her of the fact that Jake didn't even come after her.

Tom had no idea how to respond to what Jasmine had just told him so as the tears began to stream down her face once again, he just pulled her closer towards him. Her head rested against his chest as her arms wrapped around his waist.

"You'll get through this Jaz, you are the strongest person I know and there's nothing you can't do. Everyone will soon realise that Jake is wrong, don't worry." Jasmine listened to the words rolling off Toms tongue and for the first time in a few days, she believed them. She knew now that she had to do something to make sure that everyone knew that Jake Harvey was a liar.

"Thank you Tom." Jasmine whispered as they fell into a comfortable silence both knowing that this position was one that they wanted to stay in forever.

- I love this chapter sm