0.6

"no." the word leaves your lips before you know it, a lie that stains you.

"liar." his lips curve up into a cruel smile with the word before he places his attention back onto the cigarette.

you don't know what you're doing. all you know is that you're snatching the cigarette away from him one second, putting it out on the sill of the balcony, and tossing it down once it's safe to do so in another.

he just stares at you before pulling the whole pack out, meaning to pull out another lung killing stick. you snatch that away and toss it down as well, all in the span of a single, shaky heartbeat.

the drunks underneath yell a hazy "thanks" once they find the pack and you just stare at the man in front of you, heart beating wildly at your actions. he just gazes at you, light reflecting off of his irises, and suddenly you don't know what he's feeling anymore.

"you owe me a pack," he mutters, letting his body lean onto the rail, muscly arms hanging down into the void between the two of you.

"i don't owe you shit." you really need to control your mouth, you think to yourself.

"you kinda do," he lazily drawls, a smirk curving up his sinful lips.

"i kinda don't," you retort before taking a swig from your water bottle, the clear liquid replenishing your suddenly dry tongue.

the minute you lower the bottle form your mouth, it's snatched away by his tattooed hand. with a sly wink that makes your heart beat a fast rhythm on your rib cage, he takes a sip of the liquid.

the minute the water hits his tongue, he shoots you a look of appraisal. "are you changing yourself up, little miss drunk?"

the little nickname sets a raging fire to your blood, and you glare up at the man, snatching the bottle of water from his fingertips. "yes," you answer defiantly, chin high up in the air. "and don't call me that, asshat."

your neighbor raises his hands up in surrender with a low chuckle, the edges of his tattoo's curling into the white expanse of his palms. his little laugh creates a small blush on your cheeks, the sound heating your insides up and setting a warmth a little below your belly.

"fine, sweetheart." he grins at you, his tongue peeking out and caressing the bottoms of his top teeth. he ends it the whole thing with a bite of his lip, and the sight makes you whimper, legs growing weak.

"don't call me sweetheart, either," you shakily mumble, looking away to escape the seductiveness radiating off of him in waves, little tendrils reaching out to you and stroking against your skin to make you even more vulnerable to his temptations.

"whatever you say, love." 

475 words