2.6

his eyes are pools that drown you inside of them, your body not even putting up a fight as he draws you closer with just the lowering of his lids. a smirk must play on his lips, a burst of confidence that you haven't seen on his face before.

it seems so out of place on the soft, sweater-wearing boy, yet so unequivocally right;  a look of pure, carnal lust--a grin that promises you a good time and much more. you can barely shake it off, his aura luring you towards him like a siren that knows just what he wants.

and right now, you could swear that it's you he wants.

before you can do anything rash with your pounding heartbeat and the blood thrumming in your veins to go for it, someone grabs your attention for another drink. with expert hands, you mix it, not paying much attention and hand it to the customer. risking a glance at your neighbor, you notice that his gaze lingers at your neckline, at that second button that extra-flirty customer decided to flick open with a grin.

a rush of shame fills you, before you can even question why you would be embarrassed. you didn't want to stop the man, and so you didn't. nothing wrong with that, right?

you don't pay attention to his group at all after that, one of your coworkers deciding to come in and help out with a smile. you tell her to take their side, and let her command their attention for a while, your hands moving quickly through the alcohol, pouring rounds of shots after letting wine slip into a wine glass. 

the next time you hazard a glance in your neighbor's direction, you realize with a sigh or relief, and disappointment, that him and his group are gone, most likely dancing and grinding their way into the middle, bodies disappearing between sweating bodies.

your shift goes by in the blink of an eye, your body accustomed to the night life like a frequent partier. the people buzz around you, coming and going and getting drunker each time before they find the partner that they want in their drunken stupor.

and when you look up on beat for the song change, your realize that his group has meandered to your side, your neighbor leading the charge with a tilt of of his head. this time they take seats at the bar, not just standing around in a group. 

you can tell they seem to be agitated, or excited, by something, all of them muttering something under their breaths and glancing in your direction. 

one of them clears his throat and waits for your attention, this time a man with shockingly bright pink hair that suits his complexion. he's a little shorter than the rest, but all of them still loom over you, even when they're sitting.

raising an eyebrow at him, you watch as he gives you a shy yet charmingly awkward smile, hand running through his hair as if a habit. "do you know him," he finally asks, jutting his chin out to point to someone.

your eyes follow his gaze and, when they land on the man from earlier, you shake your head, face still displaying that polite smile. 

"you let him touch you though," another voice says, and you swivel around to see a man with inky black hair and a heart-shaped smile. "should we-" he's hesitant to say something and, knowing what they're suggesting, you shake your head.

"it's fine," you say with a flick of a hand, dismissing the notion without a second thought and using your chill bartender facade. "any drinks?"

they all order water this time, most likely sobering up before they can get an uber to drop them off at their place. huddling off to the side with their clear cups of ice-cold water, the boys put their heads together, mumbling something and you can see phones being pulled out of pockets, fingers holding onto them carelessly.

they break apart with loud laughs, the man with the heart-shaped smile positively shaking with peals of laughter. they leave in pairs and you don't pay them any attention until a familiar figure slides into a bar stool right in front of you, a hand holding up his head as he blinks up at you with innocent eyes.

your eyebrows flick up in surprise before you look away, feeling a lot like airy champagne bubbles, a fizzy pop that beats in time with your heart and making your body buzz with an addictive sensation.

you're surprised that he stayed behind, but a pleased little bubble swells somewhere inside of you. needless to say, you feel a little touched.

you wonder when the bubble will pop.