3.0

you keep your promise, coming over each week to teach him some new dish. eventually it gets to the point where he comes to your own apartment for the little lessons. it's become a game, a little who can make the best, afterwards, and the two of you try out new recipes together.

your little sapling of a crush has grown for sure, the little flutter of happiness turning into unabashed grins as you would unearth another little tidbit about him. the way he slept like a chromosome--"i like biology, ok?"--and the way that he had a penchant for soft scents--"my nose is sensitive. stop teasing me!"--and how he would praise you at any time, even when you felt like absolute shit.

"you're a beautiful human, and you need rest. i'm not leaving until you fall asleep," he had once demanded when you came back from your bartending job, nose stuffed and a huge headache pulsing against the walls of your skull. he had sang you to sleep that night.

jeon jungkook was no ordinary person, after all, and you were reminded of that each time he would become uncharacteristically intense and then become embarrassed of the little show he had made. 

it was almost as if he was made for you to fall in love with him, a human being so perfectly imperfect with more flaws that you could count, but then even more aspects that made up for them. 

you had learned after a fight that he could be possessive; he liked to keep you for himself. he had apologized after the little incident, taking time to take stock of himself and realize. 

it took you one year to get the guts to confess to him, something that took many days of nervousness before you had told yourself to just go for it. his surprise was something to see, an expression of shock with wide eyes and a small pout on his lips, before he told you that he had planned a while ago to confess the next day.

of course he wanted to be first, you had teased. he had merely rolled his eyes before claiming your lips with a kiss and a whisper of "i've wanted to do that for a long time."

 he was the one who proposed, though. he was busy preparing something in your now shared kitchen--he had moved in the second year of your relationship--and you were sitting on the couch, fiddling with the files that lay next to you of the cases you were assigned.

you were taken in as a lawyer at a firm after finally get your law degree, and jungkook had gotten his job at the police station, a respected officer who loved to capture you with his handcuffs.

he had approached you, his hands holding something behind him, and you closed your eyes at his command, knowing that it was probably a new dish that he wanted to surprise you with. but, when you open your eyes, confusion took its hold and you had looked up at your boyfriend. 

the plate held only eggs and toast.

"this was how we first met," he explains, lowering onto one knee, and you knew that this wasn't some ordinary memory he was reminiscing on.

"you were so shy then, but that didn't stop you from bringing me more food. i had always hoped you would stay around, chat for a bit. you were so beautiful, and i had never gotten the guts to tell you to stay. and then i met you out in that bar, a little stressed but seeming so in your element, pouring those drinks. but i didn't fall for you till the next day when you stayed. 

"and you were so beautiful then, too. you would smile and laugh, and i just knew that i was falling for the girl next door, the girl who i never thought i had a chance with, the girl who i never thought i would have gotten to know. and you're such a person to know, so kind and brilliant and supportive. you're everything and more. 

"so," his voice had cracked, and you could see the little droplets of tears kissing his eyes as he put the plate far away from him and drew out a velvet box from his pocket, "kim bora, will you make me the happiest man alive?"

you had launched yourself at him, the kiss burning through the two of you as tears of joy mingled on your skin, brushing against the matching grins that you two shared in between. 

and the moon shone down, caressing your intertwined figures as you curled up into him, arms unwilling to let go of the man who had sung the aubade, and led you to him into loving bliss. 

this second part should have been called "eggs and toast"