0.8

you and your neighbor meet somewhere different the next night, a place that brings you so out of your comfort zone that you wish you were back in your breaking down apartment. it dimly occurs to you as you wait down by the entrance to the apartment building that you don't even know the man's name.

fear courses through you, and you shiver slightly, your hands immediately making their way to your forearms as your rub them up and down to suppress the goosebumps that have risen. the door behind you opens and you whirl around, ready to move away, before you meet the man's amused eyes.

"i didn't think that you were serious about this, baby, but i guess you are," he says with a grin, bunny teeth shining in the waning moonlight, but i stay silent.

he's much taller up close and much more intimidating, you think to yourself before shaking yourself out of your thoughts. "first things first," you announce, trying to hide your wavering voice. "i need to know your name."

he gives you a mocking bow, the tips of his soft hair brushing against your skin and you take a step back. "jeon fucking jungkook at your service. and you are, miss drunk?"

"ruby." 

"ruby," he echoes, the name slipping off his tongue in a way that causes shivers to go down your spine, and warmth to form in your belly. "like those lips of yours," he says with a flash of white teeth before setting off into the darkness.

you stand there, face flushing bright red, before he turns around, more than a couple feet away. "you coming, baby girl, or nah?"

"i thought i told you my name is ruby," you snap, eyes flashing as your eyes meet with jungkook's dark irises.

the man just shrugs, a fluid motion that looks effortless in his form-fitting, black, leather jacket that stretches across his broad shoulders. "let's go, baby."

hurrying after the loudly laughing man, you stick to his side, peering around with hesitant eyes as he leads you down roads you've never seen before. drunk men catcall at you and you almost seem to shrink, wanting to go back to your cold apartment and venture back outside like a mouse when the sun is high in the sky. 

jungkook must notice this for he slings an arm around your shoulders protectively, drawing you closer to him while simultaneously hiding your face into his broad chest.

"they're just a bunch of drunks who don't know how to fight, darling. don't worry. i'll get you there in perfect condition." you can feel his words reverberate through his chest in a rumble and you press yourself further into his shirt. 

the way you two navigate through the streets are odd, his hands basically guiding and dragging your body at the same time while you just keep your face tucked in his warm chest. he finally stops and you raise your head, eyes bleary from being pressed against him for so long. 

he nods at the building in front of you, a surprisingly clean storefront with red letters that read "jeon's," like some sort of restaurant. you can barely see into the dimly lit parlor, only a waiting area with a ratty secretary desk.

"whose place is this," you ask, turning to an already staring jungkook. the corners of his pink lips quirk up with the question as he gazes at you, the look intense and sending another wave of a confusing pleasure into your stomach.

"mine."

587 words