Six

Jimin was sitting with his brother in the living room when his phone rang. As soon as it started vibrating, though, it stopped. He didn't even have enough time to check the caller ID. It had interrupted what Hoseok was saying. Now they were both staring at the phone in confusion.

"That was weird," Hoseok muttered as Jimin picked it up.

He unlocked it—painfully aware that Yoongi still hadn't responded to his text—and checked his past calls. "It was Jungkook." His heart began to race for reasons he couldn't conjure. "Do you think he's alright?"

Hoseok scoffed as if it was a ridiculous question. "Of course he is. He's Jungkook." He propped his feet up on the coffee table. "He can do pretty much anything."

"He's still a kid."

"No he's not, Minnie," the older insisted, interlocking his fingers behind his head. "He's twenty years old. There comes a point when we all have to stop babying him. Yoongi never babied him in the first place."

Jimin furrowed his eyebrows further, fingers nervously rubbing the glass screen. "They were like brothers. And you know how Joongi never babied Yoongi."

"And you still baby Jihyun, so I guess it makes sense that you'd baby Jungkook, too," Hoseok said absently, referring to their younger brother.

"What if he's really in trouble?" Jimin continued. "Haven't you seen Train To Busan?"

Hoseok raised an eyebrow. "Jimin, if zombies were running rampant we would know, we would be dead, and calling us is the last thing Jungkook would do if there was an outbreak on the train."

But Jimin still wasn't convinced. He knew that Jungkook rarely asked for help. The cheeky kid was always doing things on his own, trying to prove that he was as capable as his hyungs. The younger just sat back with those thoughts, continuing to fidget with his phone.

"Let's turn on the T.V." Hoseok grabbed the remote. "That'll distract you."

Once the screen turned on, the first words that Jimin saw were BREAKING NEWS: TRAIN HIJACK. He leaned forward, alarm shooting straight through his body. In the background was footage of a train, presumably from a helicopter following it. A newscaster on screen was speaking in a formal tone, no panic or concern in his voice. That pissed Jimin off.

He and Hoseok stared at the screen with unhinged jaws. "The latest train to Busan has been hijacked by a group, as we now are informed." The newscaster now became windowed in the corner as a video took over the large screen. It showed the interior of what looked like the food car on the train. "Victims inside managed to record a message over the intercoms. The voice said that if they want to survive, they must cooperate. Here's the video now."

"Holy shit," the older muttered as the video began playing.

But all Jimin could see was the familiar tall boy standing by the counter. His eyes were roaming the ceiling as the intercom message was relayed. "Oh my God! That's Jungkook!" He tilted his head a bit, staring at the woman standing in front of him. "The girl from Starbucks?" His confusion was quickly replaced by panic and he looked to his brother. "What do we do?!"

"There's nothing we can do!" he yelled back, just as worked up as him. "We just have to keep watching and hope that everything turns out alright."

Jimin couldn't believe was he was hearing. How could Hoseok say that? But then again, there really was nothing they could do. Jungkook was on his own. And he would have to prove he could get through this like so.