04

Contd......

"What-the......What d-do you mean Tae?" Namjoon stuttered in fear.

"I saw it all hyung. SAW IT ALL!!" tears rolled down Tae's cheeks now. "Why did you- why- what are you doing hyung?"

"It's not what you think Tae baby!" Joon reached for his hands.

"Do you k-kill pe-people?" Tae moved back.

"Fuck no! No I don't! Tae believe me I don't do that shit."

"Then what were you doing? Do you sell them? Buy them? What do you do?"

"Tae first calm down please.... I promise I never hurt a single person. I can swear on my love for you."

Tae gulped but calmed a bit and slowly sat down on the couch. His breath was still uneven due to the sniffs. Namjoon reached for his hand to relax him. After a lot of coaxing Tae's head found its place on Joon's lap. The boy wasn't crying now and Joon had his hand patting the younger's hair.

"It wasn't always like this. I was working in the grocery store until one day I committed the mistake of staying late. That day I got to know that our owner dealt in guns that too illegal ones. I was scared to death too but somehow he caught me. He then gave me two options- either I die or join hands with him. I was almost ready to die-"

"Hyung!" Tae brought his hand up to shut Joon up but Joon simply removed it.

"I didn't die cause he said I could make easy and huge money from it. Then I remembered your dream to study in the Seoul University and honestly that needed money so I agreed. After earning much I wanted to call you back to Seoul but you were happy there so I let it be. Then I thought we could stay together while you were in Uni but when I realized what I do for living, I decided to keep you safe in Busan instead."

"But what if they hurt you hyung?"

"They won't. They trust me very much...even wanted to promote me but I stuck to only the transportation. The money in comparitively less but it keeps me off the grid."

"Hyung you did this for my dreams.... I-I am such a burden."

"I did it for our dreams Tae and you are anything but burden. So shut up and sleep."

"I will sleep but promise me that you will come to Busan with me and leave all this behind."

"I can't Tae. They won't let me leave now that I know about it but I always keep myself safe."

"But hyung-"

"Enough Tae just go to sleep now.....please! Just listen to me once and go away for your and my safety."

Tae couldn't say anything. Under the patting hands on his head and comfortable lap beneath he tried to sleep.

After that, in the morning, the guilty feeling of being a burden and a hindrance in his brother's life crept into Tae's heart. Why is it so difficult to be problem free? Why does he have to walk into everone's life with a free package of trouble?

"Taebear I have prepared the breakfast please do eat it. I will be little late but I have kept some money in my drawer. Go have fun and order lunch and dinner as you like."

With a kiss on Taehyung's forehead Namjoon left for work. Tae had nothing better to do so he decided to clean and decorate the house. Once finished, he went for a walk to divert his disturbing thoughts towards tge scenic beauty around him. Tired he came back home to find his hyung already there. On the table was a cake with "Welcome Home❤❤" and some bottles of soju. Accompanying them were dishes like pork and black bean noodles. All of them were Tae's favourites.

"Sorry I lied about being late." Namjoon smiled apologetically.

"Come on now! Let's celebrate your homecoming." he pulled Tae onto the couch with him.

The brothers enjoyed their time and wasted their night getting high. Telling each other all the embarrassing stories and stuff. Then they played Overwatch and watched some horror movies before finally succumbing to sleep. However at night the peaceful sleep was broken when Tae's phone rung.

"He-hello..." he said in his deep and hoarse voice.

"Hyung hyung it's me." a little voice squeaked.

"Wha-who is it and please speak loudly."

"Hyungie it's me Jungkook. List-"

"Baby is everything all right? You are calling at this hour? And did you change your number? Jungkook should-"

"Oh just shut up and listen. Hyung my dad called me because he wants to marry me to his friend's daughter. He is forcing me to do it and has locked me up in my room. This is an old phone but I can't talk much. Please! please hyung do something....Please! I love you! I can't live without you..."

But before Tae could answer, the phone was snatched away from Kook. In the back Tae could hear everything...

"So you did call him?"

"Yes I did. He is my boyfriend! Leave us alone.." Kook shouted.

"Kook behave!" the man growled.

"Fuck off... I ain't marrying anyone except hyung."

"Shut up this instant or"

"OR WHAT-?" Kook was challenging the other.

Tae couldn't hear for a while but then heard Kook sobbing.

"If not then I will slap you again just like this."

"I don't care Mr.Jeon. You have no control over me. Hyung will come and take me away from this hell hole."

"Oh I would love to see that."

After a sound of crashing came and the call ended. Tae shouldn't have let Jungkook leave in the first place. He knew something bad would happen but now....

"Hyung hyung hyung get up hyung...."

"A-a-um Tae what happened?"

"Hyung Kookie! His father is marrying him to someone! Please hyung do something....I can't live without him. Please please get him back."

"Calm down Tae. Stop crying now."

"Hyung my Kookie. He is getting slapped there, getting locked up with no contact to anyone and I am here partying......I am just a failure."

"Hey hey shhh now....I promise you baby I will get him back. I will do everything in my power to have you two together."

"Really hyung?"

"Really!"