Chapter 15: The Truth Revealed

Chapter 15

The truth revealed

~Sami~

I watched the navy blue mustang go and disappear around the corner of the street.

Please bring Nikki back safe, I prayed. Please.

"Now the only thing to do is to wait for Elizabeth," I sighed as I got up from the bed. "Now what do I do?"

I decided to watch TV down at the living room since Nikki doesn't have a TV on her room! What kind of person doesn't have a TV in their rooms?! No wonder Nikki is such a nerd!

"Oh," I gasped as I twirled around to get my purse, I had left since three weeks ago. I found it on her night stand drawer. "Got you."

I walked out of the room and headed towards the stairs. If I had been paying attention to where I stepped I would have notice my shoe lace was untied. I stepped on my shoe lace just as I was about to take a step down.

I stumbled forward as I hit the side of my head with the baluster. I rolled down screaming at the top of my lungs. I shut my eyes scared. Then I hit the ground... no, not the ground something soft.

I fluttered my eyes open in shock to see Aaron underneath me. His arms wrapped around my back. I could smell his cologne. He smelled so clean and fresh. His long and dark brown hair brushed gently my face as he turned around to face me. We were inches away from our lips touching each other.

"Are you okay?" He asked as his minty breath crushed into my face. I nodded dazed. I was lost in his eyes to care less about the throbbing pain I felt on my ankle. He unwrapped his arms around me and threw them at his side, wide open. He smiled a crooked one.

"Are we going to stay like this all night?" He asked grinning.

"S-Sorry," I stammered trying to get up, stupidest thing I could do. I pressed down with all my weight on the ankle that was throbbing as I was trying to get up

I howled in pain as I threw myself to the side. Aaron was instantly alarmed by my sound.

"You need help," he said seriously. He got up and placed his arms underneath me as he carried me up the stairs and into his bedroom.

His bedroom was enriching with dark colors. It looked like a room pulled out from a five-star hotel. The bed was perfectly made with black covers and red squared pillows. The headboard was about 10 feet long from floor to ceiling also colored black, with a grey square at the center. Next to the bed stood a dark red violet lamp on top of a small black nightstand. The wall where the bed and nightstand stood was the only wall painted black, the rest of the three walls were painted white. The carpet was gray.

He placed me on top of the soft and cozy bed. "Here we go just need-"

"Aaron can you give me my purse? It fell when I tripped on the stairs," I said as I sat up while placing pillows behind me to make me sit up. He nodded once, turned around and headed downstairs.

I looked at my ankle as it burned with the slightest movement I made to get comfortable. "Ugh."

"Here it is," Aaron said as he came in the room holding up my purse. "It was just at the bottom stairs."

He extended the purse to me as I grabbed it. "Thanks."

"You're welcome," he smiled. He gently grabbed my legs and put them down on his lap so he could sit on the edge of the bed.

"Hey what are you doing?" my heart pounded so hard I could barely breathe. He began to untie my shoe and removed it. My eyes widen, but he just smiled at me kindly.

"I'm going to give you a small message to ease your pain from the ankle," he offered sweetly. His fingers were smoothly rubbing the spot where it ached worse. I bit my bottom lip so I wouldn't yell from the excruciating pain; I rolled my hands in tight fist.

"So how are you doing in school?" Aaron asked trying to distract me from the pain. He kept his eyes locked on my ankle as he continued to message it.

"Good, but not as excellent as Nikki," I chuckled.

He chuckled with me, "It runs in the family."

"So how are you?" I asked as winced once. "You know with your life."

He hesitated and stopped to think about it for a second. "Um, I guess am going with the flow of life I'm not really sure where it's going to lead me, but I'll be ready." He turned to face me as he smiled.

"So, how about your love life?" I asked almost shyly. The question took him aback. He stopped and stared straight ahead, lost in thought.

"Don't know about that one," he honestly said. "I guess I have to wait for that one to hit me."

I laughed. Aaron seemed to be surprised by my reaction. "What's so funny?"

"Oh, it was just that I thought you and Elizabeth had something," I said chuckling.

He frowned. "Me and Elizabeth? Why?"

"Because Nikki told me, the night she kicked Elizabeth out of the house you were completely furious and... I don't know... the way Nikki told me it seemed like you were into Elizabeth."

"Oh, I see, but to tell you the truth... I don't like Elizabeth, sure she's cute and she has her own attractiveness, but I don't like her in that way," he explained. He locked his dark eyes on me and said in the serious tone I have ever heard from him, "I like someone else."

My heart fluttered uncontrollably. I felt light. "W-who?" I stammered.

He chuckled once as he looked away from me. "Just a girl who doesn't know about my feelings for her." When he said the word "her" I swear I saw his face sadden.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. He smiled a sad smile as he looked at me.

"You shouldn't be," he said hurt. He grabbed both my legs and lifted them up as he stood up. "Well got to use the bathroom." He walked out of the room without a single glance back.

Wow, I thought. He must really love this girl. I couldn't help to think if it was me he was talking about. Instantly I let go of that thought. Maybe it wasn't me...

I managed to sit up though the pain by now was weak.

I ran my tongue over my lips while feeling the pain sort of ease away from my ankle. My lips felt so dry.

I grabbing my purse from the bed stand, I opened it up on my lap and started searching for my Chap Stick.

I sifted through an open pack of gum, a roll of breath mints, a hairbrush and comb, a pink hair hand, my wallet, and some loose change.

I dug around the bottom of the purse, trying to find the tiny tube of Chap Stick.

"Hey-" I cried out as my purse fell off my lap. Everything inside spilled out scattering across the floor. I got a glimpse of the Chap Stick as it rolled under my feet and continued to go under Aaron's bed.

Sighing, I got off the bed slowly as I crouched down to pick up the fallen items. As I was tossing everything back in the purse, I slid my hand under the bed as I tried to feel it.

"Huh?" I felt a smooth a surface -plastic like- my hand explored the plastic thing as I realized it was big box.

Curious, I grabbed a corner from the box and slid it outside to have a view. Part of my mind refused, but the curiosity got the better of me.

I manage to get the big plastic box out from underneath the bed and opened it like a little child getting his Christmas present.

"No...," gasped as my eyes wide with horror. I felt a chill run up my spine as I realized the awful truth. Suddenly everything came into place like pieces of puzzles falling where they're suppose to be, a perfect fit, a perfect match.

He was Nikki's brother, but also her secret admirer...