Dinner

A/N: Ok, so I was re-reading this and, figured out that I have been inconsistent with Vanessa/Victoria/Veronica's name and Samantha/Chelsea's name...Heads up, I have decided with Victoria and Samantha, just so everyone doesn't get confused. Thank you!

At the Hotel

Its was about 7 in the evening and the Grangers were having a fancy dinner later that evening. Hermione, being used to having dinner with her in-laws, wasn't worried one bit. She put on a red dress that was tight on her torso and flared at the waist, reaching her knees. On her neck was a silver necklace with a snake that had emeralds for eyes. Her silver charm bracelet had the letters H, R, and H with a lion in the middle. She quickly put on her red heels, grabbed her wallet, and left her penthouse at the hotel, her bun perfectly in place.

 She quickly put on her red heels, grabbed her wallet, and left her penthouse at the hotel, her bun perfectly in place

The dining room had a perfect balance of gold and silver. Hermione was glad the boys decided on this colour scheme for most of the rooms. It would look like Christmas all year if they chose red and green.

The room had about 20 people, including Hermione. Everyone took their seats, waiting for Victoria and Samantha who were 'flirting' with two twin waiters.

"So, Gred and Forge...right?" Victoria said, trying to be seductive. Hermione mentally face-palmed while her parents held in their laughter

"Hem, hem."

Aunt Susan cleared her throat in a manner that made Hermione flinch. Seeing this, her aunt smiled, thinking that Hermione was intimidated.

"Samantha and Victoria, darlings, leave those poor boys alone and come sit down! You're making them blush due to your beauty!" Hermione was struggling to keep a straight face. Sure enough, the twins were facing the other way, just not for the reason her aunt thought. Satisfied, the two girls sat, blowing kisses at the two boys. Grandma Adeline started speaking in a warm tone.

"I am very pleased to see that our own Hermione has joined us this year. I expect that everyone will treat her warmly," Her eyes lingered on Victoria and Samantha, and continued "I hope that you enjoy this dinner that is about to be served."

"Excuse me, Grandmother, I am pretty sure we would all like to know what Hermione has been up to! She must have been pretty busy to not have come to this joyous event for so long!" Aunt Susan exclaimed with a smile.

"That is true, Hermione, what have you been up to all this time? I heard you went to a private boarding school?"

"Yes, I did."

"And what was the name?"

"Hogwarts."

Samantha giggled, gaining everyone's attention

"Hermy, stop joking. How would you ever get in to a prestigious boarding school? Even if it was true, there's no such thing as 'Hogwarts'. See for yourself!" She showed her phone, in which she searched up the name, 'Hogwarts.' Nothing came up. "If you're going to snobbishly brag about something, at least make it believable."

Aunt Susan was the next to speak.

"Hermione, what is the meaning of this? Surly you haven't been...lying to everybody about your whereabouts?"

"Yeah, Hermione, at least we don't lie straight to people's faces. You probably went to a run down school and was too embarrassed to tell us! The only school that would accept you would be a school for bushy-haired freaks."

Grandma Adeline sent her a disapproving stare. At the doorway, Fred and George couldn't believe what they had heard. They've heard of her nasty relatives, but they didn't know how bad they were. Then, they had an idea.

Meanwhile, Hermione just kept a straight face. "Well you see, Samantha and Aunt Susan. Hogwarts is very prestigious, and therefore well hidden. They pick a handful of kids every year to go. Some children are placed when they were born, seeing as their family has gone before them" She glanced at Fred and George, who puffed out their chests looking proud. "The rest get letters on their birthdays, and only about 40 people were in my year. If everybody knew about it, then there would be too many people wanting to apply. It is considered criminal offense to speak about it when it's not to your immediate family, so some have faced expulsion for it. There is also no way of contacting the school, mainly because there is a specific way to actually contact it. It's sort of a...Statue of Secrecy Policy."

Samantha and Victoria had nothing to say, so aunt Susan tried again.

"Well then, I'm sure that since this...'Hogwarts' is so prestigious, it would have been extremely expensive? How did you manage it?"

"Surprisingly enough, we had more than enough to cover the pay. Considering the school doesn't run on electricity, it doesn't cost as much as people would think." This made aunt Susan fume.

Sensing the tension, Grandma Adeline interrupted.

"Well, I see dinner has arrived!"