Magic Burst

A/N;  Guys, I'm so so so so so sorry for the late update! This chapter didn't feel right for some reason, and I had to re-do the chapter until it was decent. I also had to select courses to get into Sauder, so I've been pretty busy with that as well...Again, sorry for the delay. Happy Thanksgiving! -H.R

Previously;

'Oh shit! That album has moving pictures in it!'

Hermione panicked as she put on her hoodie and ran down to the sitting room.  

"Look what Hermione gave us! It's her photo album from school!"

She slammed the door open as her relatives moved to the first page. Muttering a spell, unseen sparks flew from her wand and made the pictures still, never leaving any evidence of movement. Adeline spoke up.

"Oh my, Hermione! How popular you look! Are these people your friends?"

"Oh don't be silly, mother." Sidney sneered "Hermione couldn't have handsome friends like those, or else she would have more fashion sense!"

Hermione looked over curiously, and saw a photo of her, Ron, and Harry at the train station.

"Oh, thats Harry and-"

"Harry Potter and Ronald Weasley?!" 

I flinched at the screech. Victoria could probably sing in a choir-no, scratch that. She would kill everyone who would be willing to listen.

"How in the world do you know them?!"

"I, uh, sort of went to school with them. We were in the same house, so it was hard not to know each other"

Victoria blushed

"Um, well of course they would be nice to you. They need to keep up an image!"

Hermione scoffed quietly as they went through her album, much to her dismay. They went through the photos from year 1, all the way to just recently. Her and the Weasleys, the dorms, even some funny photos. like when all the Gryffindors were studying for O.W.Ls and Fred just had to take a photo of how gross and sleep-deprived they all looked. There was also one where she, Harry, Ron and Ginny were sleeping on top of each other at the burrow. They had been playing  an Exploding Snap tournament until dawn. The third page were pictures of just her, Ron and Harry.  On the top of the page consisted of the words "The Golden Trio", while the next page had pictures of Blaise, Draco, and Pansy, dubbed "The Silver Trio" in their eighth year. She had to admit, Draco looked really dashing in that photo. His hair was messed up from playing Quidditch, and Blaise and Pansy were congratulating him because he caught the snitch, even if Gryffindor won by ten points. She saw Samantha in the corner of her eye, seething with jealousy. At least one good thing came out of this. There were Yule ball photos she took with Cho and Fleur, Luna's wedding photos, and even some of Teddy when he was a baby. Aunt Sidney clicked her tongue.

"Tch. Who dyes a little boy's hair at that young of an age? His hair will rot away! That child must've become a horrendous trouble maker!"

Hermione's blood boiled. Sure Teddy has had a fair share of trouble making, but no one ever got hurt...besides the fact when a 10 year old muggle boy was bullying James. 'Now that was a laugh.' But that's not the point. She cleared her throat.

"Well, if you would like to know, Teddy has grown up wonderfully. He's very polite, and his pranks-"

"Oh, so he's a prankster!" Hermione cringed at Samantha's shrill voice. "How old was he when he started?"

"Two. He's eleven now." Hermione said stiffly. Aunt Sidney scoffed.

"Two?! And already causing trouble? Well I'll be, Adeline. Didn't Richard go through the exact same stage when he was younger?" Grandpa Charlus chuckled. Her father blushed while Grandma Adeline nodded in agreement. "What are his parent's names, Hermione?"

"Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks. They were great people." Hermione smiled sadly. Even if she didn't know Remus well, he and Tonks always gave her advice, especially about Ron, even if that particular relationship didn't last.

"Remus and Nymphadora? Why, with names like those, of course they would name the boy Teddy. I bet they were drunkards, since they actually had the mind to actually dye their child's hair blue! The poor boy probably wants to run away by now!"

"Shut up..." Hermione muttered

"Oh, you mentioned that they were great people? Well, that probably means that they're gone now? Well, that's a relief."

"Shut up" she said a little more forcefully. Adeline interrupted.

"Sidney, that's enough." She was ignored

"They probably got into a car crash while drinking-"

"I said. Shut. UP!"

The lights of the hotel went out at once, leaving only the moonlight.  The windows started flapping, and Samantha swore she could hear a howl in the distance. Nobody saw Hermione pull out her wand and mutter a spell under her breath. The lights flickered back on when the P.A system came on, and out voiced a thick Irish accent.

"Hermione M-uh Granger, please come to the lobby, Granger, to the lobby."

Hermione sighed and started leaving the room. Once she stepped out, she sent a final glare at everyone, specifically Aunt Sidney.

"Don't you ever. Speak of them like that ever again. They were like family to Harry. Yes, Harry Potter." Hermione sighed exasperatedly at Victoria and Samantha's widened looks and continued. "They died for him. For me. For all of us. If people didn't fight for what they fought for, none of you would be here right now.  They're better people that you will ever be, Sidney." The name rolled off her tongue like bitter medicine. Her glare softened at the sight of her terrified grandparents.

"I apologize deeply, Grandfather, Grandmother. I assure you that I will stay for the remainder of the reunion. I owe you at least that much for ruining tonight." Hermione bowed at them. She sent off one final glare to her horrified relatives, and slammed the door shut.

"...well I never-eek!"

Hermione smirked at Sidney's screech. A cockroach must've gotten coincidentally gotten into her dress. She pocketed whatever she was gripping in her hand, and walked off to the lobby.