TWENTY-TWO.

June 26th, 2016

I'm not sure what to do, when I hear who I now know to be a girl called Jennifer-Anne, crying on the other side of the call.

Most of the Rich Kids left Bluebeach and went to college in the same year that Rose died. I came back for the funeral, and also around Christmas break, but most of the contact between me and Rose's family had been completely cut off. Even Jamie, Rose's sister who was a few years older than me (but I still managed to flirt with discreetly every now and then), stopped communicating. It was like the family had just gone into hiding after Rose's death. The Rich Kids' friendships scattered and disintegrated, and social gatherings were to be held by the kids in the year below now. It was almost as if everything was forgotten, just gone in a matter of months.

It honestly didn't occur to me that Rose's mother would have had another child. I was studying in college miles away, focusing on making my relationship with Sofia work amongst other things. I had even drifted away from Nicole and Jonesy in the following year. Though I still couldn't get Rose out of my head for a long time, I was never expecting something like a new child to pop up so soon. When I got the phone call from Jamie, it confirms any doubts I had to there being a much simpler explanation for everything. I'm kicking myself, and I have never felt like more of an idiot in my life when I got that call. I didn't even think to wonder how Jamie got my number, or even just general questions like what her life is like now. I was just slotting the pieces of the puzzle in my mind, whilst my face and body burned with embarrassment and regret. Yet again.

She told me that it was none other than their lastborn, and how she's such a huge practical joker. "Annie has always had this fantasy of discovering her deceased sister's life, in some ways. I never thought she would stretch it out to these depths." At least I can answer the question as to why she was the same age as Rose when she died- she was born just over a year after, and it's now sixteen years since her birth. Hardly rocket science.

Apparently the family had absolutely no clue where she had gone, and it was only at Anne's admission that she could track me down and contact me. She apologised immensely and told me to pass on my newfound information to Anne, if I could. When I told her that she wasn't currently with me and that I didn't know exactly where she was, she gave me her number. In an impulsive rage, I could think of nothing else but to call her and let her know that she had been found out.

Though the story is almost cleared up, there are still some things that I'm unsure about. For one, 'Annie' sure does seem to know a lot for a younger sister exploring her older sister's past. She knew almost everything – the inside jokes, the memorable events. The only two things that seemed to go past her were the situations regarding Nicole, and Tanner; this was a red flag, because there was no way Rose wouldn't remember, or at least know of that. There were times when I recalled things that I could see the girl in front of me sitting and staring in intrigue and wonder as if she was learning something, rather than going back on something that she would have already known. The kinks in her armour were not being able to know every single thing - her Achilles heel was the fact that at the end of the day, she wasn't Rose. But with that being said, there's something unsettling about everything. Just the way it appears this girl has done her research, all the way down to wearing the right clothes. The blue dress and the beige cardigan.

Nothing confuses me more than simply how identical she looks. Any idiot could point that out – any idiot could think that they were twins. It's not even like she's just her younger sister - she acts the same way. She does things Rose used to do, that even Rose didn't know she did. The body language, the trivial mannerisms, everything. It's no wonder I fell for it.