Chapter 20: Telly and Diva

Monday morning.

Telly woke up much later than usual. 9 am. She had a big revelation night that ended wee hours in the morning of Monday with Diva. or Rachelle.

Firstly, she could not believe her idea was not original, and at the same time, she was excited with the prospect of living both lives. Actors do it. Superheroes do it. And she thought, 'I'm sure if given the chance, many people would do it. Being able to experience multiple lives is precious! YOLO is not true.'

Diva had done it, and she could take more cues from her to wing it and avoid getting busted.

As she went to her breakfast table, she could see from the glass panel door that opened to the backyard that Aiden was already at work. It was summer and so he started to work on the pool. It must be humid outside because Aiden was without his shirt on, and it showed his very good physique, muscular arms, and abs. He was not the lanky little boy no more. He had surely blossomed gorgeously and it didn't escape Telly's eyes. 

Telly fried herself some eggs and toasted two slices of bread, and got herself a Moroccan tea. As she settled back into her regular breakfast spot, she noticed that Aiden was nowhere in sight. As she was turning her head to the right to search for him, she was startled with a man that appeared right beside him.

"Good morning sleepyhead!" Aiden said, beaming. His smile was so infectious that Telly's shock turned to laughter.

"Well good morning Jack-in-the-box!" she said. "You shocked me there for a second!"

"Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to," he apologized. "You had a full weekend huh? Heard you were in New York?"

"Yeah," she feigned a smile. "I've got this business seminar I had to attend to."

"Oh that's great! What is it?"

"The Business Expo," she casually replied as she took bites of her egg. "It was very tiring! But I loved it."

Aiden just smiled looking at her, shaking his head.

Telly was confused. "Why are you doing that?"

"What are the odds!" he exclaimed. "My boss asked me to attend that too, so I was there this weekend. Too bad I didn't bump into you!"

"Oh yeah! Too bad!" Telly smiled, took a deep breath, and swallowed hard. 'He was there? Relax Telly, you can handle this.'  " Wh- wh- why? I mean, where do you work again? Have I not asked you this before?" she asked trying to steer away the conversation.

"No, you have not," he replied smirking. "I work at a bank."

"Stupid and self-centered me!" Telly tapped her head with her hand. "So what do you do? Are you on loans? Teller? What?"

"I work at the main office in Atlanta," he replied very briefly.

"You do?" Telly bit her lower lip, still could not believe she never asked him about his life, about his work, about him. She was embarrassed with her own thoughts, thinking that he was still a school boy, a momma's boy, still staying in his mommy's house.

"You must have a very understanding boss to be able to take off on Mondays," she said, sounding a bit concerned.

"Nah, I just come in later, and stay up later," he answered non-chalantly.

"Pretty convenient huh?"

"I've been working there for many years and my boss knows me very well," he replied.

"Why do you still do this stuff when you already have a very fulfilling banking career?" she was now curious. Suddenly, he looked more interesting.