03

Jimin looked nervously up at his sister. They were getting ready for the masked ball at Jee's place. He was dressed in a black suit, black dresshirt with a fancy velvet looking red jacket. The jacket was originally owned by his father, it still vaguely smelled like him.

"Be honest, do I look alright?" He asked, looking down at his poor attire.

"You look stunning"

"Jee, be honest-"

"I'm being as honest as I possibly can be in saying you look great. Now please shut up." Jee sighed, while fixing the folds in the snow white dress she was wearing. She checked the clock before linking her arm into his.

"We should go." She mentioned and all Jimin did was nod in response. He wasn't fully processing it all yet. He'd be getting a view of the prince dancing, so he would be able to imagine dancing with the prince himself in his dreams later on. If he was lucky, he'd be seeing the prince pass him with this unusual kind of confidence he seemed to posess.

After a bit of walking in the cold speech of the wind, their feet carried them to the entrance of the enormous building in front of them. It had looked quite intimidating and too expensive. Jimin felt like he didn't belong in there, like he didn't deserve to go in. Seeing as his sister pulled him inside, he didn't seem to have much choice.

The place was huge and was beautifully decorated with soft lights and pinkish red roses. The place was packed with people, some were dancing, some were simply standing around, but everyone was wearing a mask to cover up their identity.

Jee was already heading towards the table filled with food, while he stood there a little lost. Step by step he walked further into the ballroom, passing people and taking in every beautiful detail.

He found a place, somewhere in the back of the room to sit on and decided to observe everything and everyone from that particular spot.

At last, he noticed the mop of black parted hair he'd been looking for all night. The clear eyes underneath the fancy black mask, the muscular proportions of his body, it had to be him.

He was shuffling with a gorgeous girl with a silky purple dress. His hands were supporting the small of her back, while she had her arms around his neck. She had even managed to touch those soft looking locks of his. He could never-

"Staring at your husband?" Jee appeared from nowhere with a bunch of delicious food buried into her arms.

"Jee don't make me laugh, I was simply observing."

"Observing huh? Sounds a lot like stalking to me." She winked while Jimin glared harshly at her. "Anyways, try this, the best cake I've ever tasted." She offered him a piece and the moment it landed on his tongue he was in heaven. He had never tasted something this sweet and light before so he closed his eyes and savored the flavor in his mouth until it faded away.

They sat there in awe for a while, looking their eyes out until Jee started moving her knee up and down as a nervous habit.

"I'm bored..."

"And how's that my problem?" Jee eyebrows drew closer to each other and she started pulling his arm, trying to make him stand up.

"Amuse me, dance with me or even better, let's get more of that delicious food." Jimin sighed loudly, giving in to his childish sister.

"Fine, we'll get more food, only because I'm starving and don't feel like dancing."

"And because you reserved that dance for a certain prince perhaps?" Jee chuckled and hit him playfully in his side.