Chapter 1 - Hambo

"What the glob are we even doing, Marceline?! This is so flippin' pointless!" LSP says, dragging herself behind me. "It's not pointless, LSP. I need to find Hambo- Hambo!" I say, running into the cafe. Perched on the table was my raggedy old doll, Hambo. "Is he yours?" A voice asks. I turn around to see a beautiful girl with long pink hair and gorgeous eyes. She was wearing bright pink jeans with a purple sweater and pink converse. "I- uh- yeah, yes. Yes he's mine-" I stutter, "Oh, good! I found him on the floor so I thought I'd keep him with me, just incase the owner went looking for him... Which they- you did. Obviously. Here." The pink haired girl says, handing me the doll. "Thanks. I- uh- I owe you one." I say. The girl smiles, a blush spreading across her face, "Don't worry about it. Oh hey, LSP; You still up for Saturday?" The girl asks, turning to my friend, "Heck yeah I am!" "Awesome. See you then." She smiles at us both and waves goodbye as she leaves the small cafe. "Who- Who was that?" I ask, still amazed. Why was I amazed? What the hell? And what was with all the not-being-able-to-talk-stuff? "Jeez Marcy, that's Bonnibel Bubblegum. Most people call her Princess Bubblegum for short, though." Bonnibel Bubblegum? "Princess? Why Princess?" I ask. "I don't know. She has, like, royal relatives from some place called 'Candemonia' or something. She's, like, a princess." I bite my lip. A princess? "Well, how do you know her?" I ask, intrigued, "Her uncle works with my dad or something. They get together for weird business meetings 'n' stuff. Totally boring, but she's pretty nice." "Huh..." I reply. Princess Bubblegum.

Later that night, I sat in my bedroom and searched the girl with the pink hair online. Soon enough, I was on Bonnibel's profile and I was looking through her pictures. Stalker much, Marcy? I thought to myself. This girl was genuinely drop-dead gorgeous. I couldn't keep my eyes off of the girl's beautiful pink waves of hair. God, I have to see this girl again. I don't know why I have to, but god I really have to. I find the pink haired girl's address, pet my dog, grab my keys and head outside, jumping onto my bike and riding towards the pink haired girl's home.

"What. The. Fuck." I say, staring up at the large mansion that was Bonnibel Bubblegum's house. I should have expected this, her uncle works with LSP's dad. I walk up to the wrought iron gate. I try to push it open but it's locked. To my right, I hear a beeping noise. I turn to see a large camera attatched to a panel. "State your name, please." The robotic voice of the machine says. "Uh, Marceline Abadeer." "Hello, Marceline Abadeer. Who are you here to see?" The machine asks. "Bonnibel. Bonnibel Bubblegum. She, uh, owes me." The small screen on the panel darkens, then, shows a pink room. The pink haired girl appears infront of the camera and squints. "Hello? Oh, it's you! Come in, come in! The gate should be open!" A new voice comes from the machine. It's Bonnibel. "Oh, uh, okay." I say, pushing the gate open and walking up the hill to the mansion.

"So, uh, yeah. Hi." I say to the girl as she walks me into her room. The girl laughs, "Hey. We haven't been formally introduced," she sticks her hand out, "My name's Bonnibel Bubblegum. And you must be?" I shake her hand and smile, "Marceline. Marceline Abadeer." The girl smiles, "Please, sit down." I sit down sheepishly on the edge of her bed, "So, nice house you got here, Princess." I tease. She rolls her eyes and laughs, "LSP told you about the whole 'Princess' thing?" I nod, laughing. "Pretty cool, in my opinion. It's not every day you can say that you're royalty in another country." The girl smiles. "So, Bonnie- Can I call you Bonnie?" She nods and smiles, her cheeks turning a light pink colour, "So. Bonnie, um, I said I owed you one so, I thought maybe we could go listen to some music at some point or something?" The pink haired girl grins and nods, "Totally." "Awesome. Well, I'll, uh, see you tomorrow?" She nods again, her smile widening, "Sounds great." "Okay. Okay, awesome. I'll see you tomorrow, then." We stand before each other smiling for what seems like hours before I look at my phone. 8pm?! How long have we been talking for? "Well, it's getting late," I say, smiling. Bonnie walks me to the door, "See you tomorrow." She says, smiling. "Night, Bonnie." "Night, Marcy." She replies. I ride home with a big smile plastered across my face. Good night, pink haired girl. See you tomorrow.