Five Drabbles

Spoiler Alert(s): N/A
Content Warning(s): Some Implications Towards Sex, 1 F-Bomb
Story Length: 500 words

They were playing Connect Four. And for the fourth time, Danny lost. He pouted, exclaiming, "I'm always losing! This is a stupid game!"

     Dylan hummed and reset the game, thinking to himself, He's adorable like this, but I'll let him win.

     ...

     "You won again!" whined Danny.

     "Huh," said Dylan, "I was losing on purpose. Or, well, trying to lose on purpose. You really do suck at this game."

     Danny lunged across the table and tackled Dylan, who laughed and rolled them over so he was on top. He smirked, ready to claim what was his, but Merritt yelled, "Really? Again?"

[>|<]

It was supposed to just be an innocent baking date. It was not an innocent baking date anymore.

They'd been making a cake, and Danny had giggled as he grabbed some icing and smudged it over Dylan's face. Dylan was silent a second before scoffing and saying, "I will have revenge!"

That night, Dylan had snuck into Danny's room, whip cream from the fridge in hand. He sprayed some into his hand and smacked it onto Danny's sleeping face, who spluttered awake and yelled, "Oh, you're on!"

Dylan had just laughed.

Now, it was not an innocent baking date anymore.

[>|<]

Danny's getting impatient. Dylan said he'd be on the computer for a bit, then they could hang out (and make out) all Danny wanted. It's been an hour.

     He barged into Dylan's room, not bothering to knock. "What're you doing?" he demanded, resting his chin on Dylan's shoulder so he could look at the screen too.

     "Fell into the rabbit hole of YouTube," he replied. "Y'know, I'm a Gemini, you're an Aquarius — we're meant to be!"

     Danny laughed. "That stuff's phoney."

     Dylan turned and stood. Grinning, he murmured, "I know, but our relationship isn't," before giving Danny a gentle kiss.

[>|<]

Danny spent the weekend in his room, trying to identify his relationship with Dylan. Monday morning, he realized he couldn't deny his feelings any longer.

     Fingers fumbling, Danny searched "Lula" on his phone. She'd dealt with her crush on Jack splendidly; she could help Danny. He wrote "Lula...I like Dylan. Fuck" before pressing Send.

     Minutes later, his phone buzzed. The reply was "...I'm Dylan". Danny's heart stopped and he looked at what he'd searched. He'd typed "la" in his haste for "Lula" and Dylan had come up. Before he could panic, another text came in.

     "I like you too."

[>|<]

Dylan was on the balcony, enjoying the quiet. Danny grinned; time for some fun.

     "Did my heart love till now?" he called up. "Forswear it, sight! For I never saw true beauty till this night."

     Dylan sighed. "What're you doing now?"

     "Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs."

     Dylan laughed and moved to lean on one arm, watching Danny fondly.

     "See how— he leans his cheek upon his hand," cried Danny. "O, that I were a glove upon that hand that I might touch his cheek!"

     "Then what're you doing there, Romeo?"

     Danny hurried upstairs at that.

A/N: Whoo! I did it! My first five drabbles! A drabble is a story that is exactly one hundred words in length. No more, no less. I didn't want to just write one hundred words and call it a day, so I wrote five! If ya'll like these drabbles, let me know and I'll probably write more. Thanks for reading!
[Completed Jul. 20, 2018]