(X) FIRST LOVE

Music is his source of expression and salvation. Without it, he's a whole other person, broken and empty.

- - - - -

This one was the easiest out of the seven to figure out since Yoongi likes to be open in his music because he has trouble being open outside of it.

So Yoongi is an INFP (Introverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving), meaning that he best expresses himself through the arts. We all know that he comes off as cold at first (unless you're an INFP or an introvert yourself) because he's an introvert. INFPs tend to be very private, reserved, and self-conscious, meaning that others have a hard time getting to know who Yoongi really is.

INFPs are truly extremely passionate, open-minded, creative, energetic to a degree, dedicated, and very hard-working. All true ARMYs should know that about Yoongi first hand.

But from what the song says and from what his personality type implies, I know Yoongi had a hard time making friends. His personality type added on to his social phobia only makes it worse for him. So he didn't have many people willing to listen to him and his emotional turmoils.

Then he found music. He found his passion; the thing he could use to tell people he's never talked to or even seen before how he feels. As an INFP myself, I know just how relieving it is to let out your emotions through your passions. It helps keep him emotional healthy and stable.

But the song also tells us the times Yoongi left music behind and how much worse his mental situation became because of it. Once he started up music again, he promised to never give up on his passion again. He puts a part of himself in every single work he does as to share with us ARMYs who he is, what he's been through, and who he wants to become.

So taking away Yoongi's ability to work on his passion is like taking away a major part of his happiness. He'd only be a shell of his former self.

- - - - -

Hope that helped you understand a bit more of who Yoongi really is! Let me know what you think in the comments!

For more info on INFPs:

https://www.16personalities.com/infp-personality