(X) LIE

He felt he wasn't perfect enough for us. Either a voice in his head or he himself kept telling him that.

- - - - -

We're almost done!

Okay, so dear Jiminie is an ENFJ (Extrovert Intuitive Feeling Judging). They're reliable, charismatic, and tolerant. But they're also too selfless, too sensitive, they struggle to make tough decisions, and their self-esteem fluctuates often.

So we all know how much of a perfectionist Jimin is. That's why he takes so long to get ready for all of their concerts! But it also has become part of his inner turmoil. When BTS first started, Jimin ended up building an image for himself. Everyone associated him with his abs. It was fine at first, until he started believing he was too fat and began to starve himself (Thank god for Jin fixing that problem). He also pushes himself in practice because he wants everything to be perfect for us.

Jimin never sang before BTS, so he practices until he tires himself out then practices some more. You remember that neck injury he got during the WINGS/YNWA era? That was because he practiced so hard. He doesn't believe he's good enough or will ever live up to our expectations (which isn't true).

So the song talks about a lie. But what's the lie? That image he accidentally built when BTS debuted. He beats himself up about it. He wants to be perfect for his beautiful fans and its destroying him. Even Jimin knows he shouldn't be doing this; he shouldn't practice this hard. But what do some 'ARMYs' do? They give him crap.

Jimin already gives himself enough crap, so you fake ARMYs better knit your mouths closed before I do it for you.

Thankfully though, Jimin isn't pushing to fit that image anymore. He's slowly learning to love himself with that beautiful smile of his.

- - - - -

Hope that helps you understand our little cutie Jimin a bit more than before! Leave your thoughts in the comments!

For more info on ENFJs:

https://www.16personalities.com/enfj-personality