Return |7|

"Here we are!" Emerald opened the door to her house. It was pretty modern compared to mine.

"Woah! It's neat here!" I said, taking a look around.

"Thanks. I don't really clean up, but that means alot. My friends are out for a while, so we get the house to ourselves." She explained. I nodded and sat down at the table.

"Pancakes?" I asked.

"Pancakes." She smiled. She put on a 'Kiss le cook' apron.

She started the cooking. I was humming the same song F/n sung about Baldi. Speaking on F/n, they must be worried sick for me. I dialed their number.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" F/n's voice said through the phone.

"Yeah in fact, I'm out of the schoo!" They sighed in relief.

"Good, I was worried sick. Where are you right now?"

"Okay, so Baldi almost caught me in a dead end..."

"WAIT WHAT-?!"

"Listen, okay? So when he was about to do something bad, a green dinosaur saved my life. Her name's Emerald, and I'm at her place." They froze.

"Emerald? Never heard of them before." I shrugged.

"Chill, she's awesome." I chuckled

"And I won't replace you, cross my heart." I did the ' cross my heart' gesture.

"Okay, well cya!" They hung up. I suddenly heard loud music from the other side.

"SEID ID DAS ESSEN WIN SINDER YEAGAR!" Muffled lyrics came from the walls.

"Geez, loud neighbors much?" She nodded and placed two pancakes on each plate.

"Yeah, a bunch of otakus. But hey, who am I to judge?" I shrugged.

"I don't know." She laughed.

"It was a rhetorical question." I nodded.

"I know." I digged in... THE PANCAKES WERE SO FLUFFY!!

"Thes aw dewishus!" I said with a stuffed mouth.

"Thanks! One of my friends kinda made food for us everyday, sometimes I watch." Before I even knee it, the pancakes were finished.

"Whaaat? Already?" I shrugged.

"They were delicious. I had to." She smiled.

"So... about Baldi... I may have an idea on who corrupted his file." This caught my interest.

"Who?"

"Remember that 'Filename' I mentioned." I nodded. So it must be him.

"His name is 'Filename2', he's a corrupted file. Okay, this may sound crazy, but I travel through diffrent universes. In the main universe, this is a video game called 'Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning'. When I first arrived here, Filename2 permanently erased most of my abilities. I think he's the reason why Baldi goes coo-coo." I blinked twice. So... Emerald apparently traveled to this universe, then a dude named Filename2 somehow took most of her powers... and he caused Baldi to go yandere? Seems legit.

MAYBE HE WAS THE DUDE WATCHING ME OUTSIDE THE AUTOCAB!

"Did he look like a pair of floating eyes?" She gasped.

"Where did you see that?!"

"In... in the autocab. He was outside watching me." She froze.

"We need to get out. Call your friend and quietly tell them that we're going to theirs." She whispered. I nodded. I quickly dialed F/n again.

"Hel--"

"Listen, we have a stalker, just whisper." They gave a little 'mhm'.

"Look, we're going to yours, we'll explain after we get there."

"Okay, I'll be there." They hung up. I gave Emerald a nod.

"We run out in 1, you lead the way." I nodded. Emerald gave a countdown.

"3... 2... 1... now." We ran out the house, I followed the route to F/n's. Once we reached there, I pulled out a spare key F/n gave me and opened the door. I locked the door after we got in.

"Y/n? That you?" F/n's voice called out.

"Yeah, I'm here with Emerald." Their head popped out from the other room.

"So that's Emerald huh? Hi." They left. I gulped.

"Emerald, I need to tell you something. I'm gonna go back." She flinched.

"You can't! You'll never make it back!" She yelled.

"I'll be back! I promise!" I yelled back.

"F/n! I'm going out again!" They gave a sound of approval.

"I'm sorry, it's no longer a small crush. I'm IN LOVE with him." I left the house. I saw a very convenient autocab right there. I got in and payed.

It drove to Here School in no time. I left the cab and walked to the door. I gently opened the door...

Baldi stood there with a wide smile.

"Oh hi! Welcome to my schoolhouse!" I gave him a confused look.

"Uh... Baldi? You don't recognize me?" He shook his head.

"Never in my life." For a split second, he looked so broken.

"O-okay..." I reached for my backpack to get the notebooks from before, but they weren't there!

"Huh? I swear I had notebooks..." This caught Baldi's interest.

"Notebooks? So you HAVE been here before." I nodded. There was awkward silence until Baldi suddenly grabbed my shoulders.

"Y/n, my love, you have to help me! A tragedy is reliving itself. I'm losing my sanity and it's his fault. Stop him!" I didn't know what to do so I just nodded. He froze in that spot before returning back to normal.

Baldi's POV

I can't believe it, they're back and here with me! But, I have to play along in his little game. It's so hard to believe that they actually do love me back.

"I'm g-gonna go get the notebooks." They entered the first classroom. This is normal. I'm just simply obsessed with them. No, that's not normal. I don't know anymore!

A tear fell from my eye, knowing that they'll never feel loved from me, they'll feel forced and scared of me. That thought was terrifying itself.

Just as I was going to think about worse scenarios, they walked out of the room.

"Come and get your prize! A shiny quarter!" I handed out a quarter and they took it.

The contact between me and their hand made me internally squeal in happiness. They entered the next classroom.

While I was alone, I couldn't help but feel like he's watching me.