Chapter 5

Time jump

We've been in Alexandria for a while now and a lot has changed. Word has it there is a new threat which is frightening because we have just conquered the Wolves. We've once again lost so many members of our new family. We've had a breach of walkers and in the midst of things Carl had gotten shot in the eye. Thankfully he's made a full recovery. Now there is word of a man taken hostage here by Rick and Daryl who were out for a run. I see them pull the man in and I immediately recognize his face

"Jesus?" I whisper to myself. I follow behind but not too close as they lock him up. "Where'd you find him?" I ask Rick and Daryl.

"Tried to steal our shit." Daryl mumbles

"Is he awake?" I ask. "Maybe I could get information from him?"

"He got knocked out pretty good. But he's probably coming to." Rick explains "something wrong?" He asks

"N- no." I stutter lying through my teeth. They give me the green light to check and keep watch on him and to make sure he doesn't go anywhere. I walk down the stairs to where they are holding him and wait for him to wake up. Would he even recognize me? I wonder to myself. I wanted to explain to them that I know him but I simply can't. He stirs a little and wakes up as I hold my breath. He opens his eyes and looks around before locking eyes with me. He looks like he doesn't know me but then it registers in his mind. His eyes widen as I bite my cheek.

"What the-?"

"You remember me?"

"How the hell could I forget you. After everything th-"

"I didn't know!" I whisper yelled. "You've GOT to believe me."

"Does your group know?" He asks

"No, and I intend to keep it that way."

"Well your group is getting dangerously close to fire."

"You don't think I'm aware of that! Just please don't say anything to them."

"Why shouldn't I?"

"Because I swear to you I didn't know anything!"

"Fine. Your secret is safe with me... for now. But you've got to help me get out of here."

"Deal. But we have to wait for tonight when everyone's asleep." I explain.

"Fair enough. I'll be waiting." Jesus says flipping his hair out of his face.

"You need to warn them." Jesus explains

"I- I know." I explain I then excuse myself and tell him I'll be back tonight for him.

"Well, is he awake?" Rick asks seeing as I've emerged from that area.

"Y-yeah. He's still kind of out of it. He's from a community. But won't say much yet." I explain shakily.

"You alright Kendall, you look sickly?"

"I just haven't eaten much today." I lie once again before leaving.

Night comes before I know it and after everyone's asleep I sneak out of Daryl and I's home. Yes we share a home, like I said a lot has happened. I tighten my ponytail and make my way to Jesus.

"I thought you wouldn't show." He smirks.
I let him out and beg him not to tell the group it was me who let him escape. He agrees and I make my way back to the home. I make it inside and peer out the window seeing Jesus entering Rick's home "WHAT IS HE DOING!" I whisper-scream as commotion is heard. Daryl wakes up and we both go to Rick's home. Carl is holding a gun as Michonne and Rick emerge from a room. Together?

"knots untie, locks get picked, entropy comes from order." Jesus says. "While I was walking around the place I took count of your food supply, not nearly enough to feed this much of a population. I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot but we are all on the same side. The living side." He explains. "I'm from a community, known as The Hilltop. I'd like you to come and maybe make some settlements and set up a trade. I invite you to see for yourselves." He explains as my throat tightens. Rick agrees cautiously and we all go back to our rooms until the next morning.