Chapter 13

"Copy that." Simon says.

"I'll be right there." Dwight sighs.

Soon enough Dwight and Simon enter the room with guns in their hands.

"Nice to see you too..." I greet sarcastically.

"Jesus. Holy fuck, I said assistance what's with the fucking guns!"  Negan scolds as they lower their weapons.

"You didn't specify what kind of assistance boss." Simon defends himself.

"Kendall we can do this the easy way or hard way." Negan says talking to me as if I'm a child.

I roll my eyes and glare.

"There's that same fucking stare." Negan yells gripping his bat, knuckles white.

"Come on Kendall don't make a scene." Dwight says trying to reason with me. But I'm not giving in easily. Not without trying a little. I know I don't stand a chance.

I put up a good fight. Simon got kicked in the stomach, Dwight got elbowed in the chest. And Negan just watched amusingly as if it was his favorite TV show.

"Why's this bitch matter anyways! Can't we just put her down!" Dwight screams as Negan's attitude changes. They finally got me in his room.

"It'd be my dream if you'd put a bullet through my head Dwight." I say getting in his face "OR BETTER YET PUT AN ARROW THROUGH MY HEAD. JUST LIKE YOU DID WITH DENISE!" I scream pushing him. Dwight raises his fist and Negan raises Lucille to Dwight menacingly.

Dwight drops his fist to his side and storms out of the room shaking his head. Simon follows him seeing as he is not needed anymore. Dwight and I used to get along really well, so this sudden change has me confused. He's totally changed from when we first met.

————
I walk through the main hall cafeteria smiling and waving. I greet all the familiar faces. I've only been here a couple days and I can tell a lot of the people are rather friendly. I make a turn and run right into someone falling on my ass.

"Oh I'm so sorry. I really need to watch where I'm going." I apologize looking up at the stranger. I've seen him associate with Negan and Simon but thats all I know of him.

"Oh it's fine, I haven't seen you around here before much."

"Yeah I just got here a few days ago. Negan brought me back here. I'm Kendall."

"Dwight." He says as I see someone staring at us out of the corner of my eye. I glance over and see Negan watching us.

"Well it's very nice to meet you. I think Negan might be looking for you though, he keeps looking this way." I smile

"Uh. Yeah. He's talked about you before. How have you been adjusting so far?" He asks politely.

"Oh fine. I mean besides Negan asking me to be his wife. I found that a little odd but other than that, It's been great. Negan seems like a super nice leader. And everyone seems like really good people. Thank you for asking. Well I don't want to hold you up. But I'll see you around." I smile as he walks to Negan's table giving a shy wave goodbye.

——

"Now was all that really fucking necessary, should've just done it the easy way." He says shaking his head as I am pulled from my thoughts.