Chapter 15

It's been about a week or two since I have been back here with Negan. Negan is practically gone the entirety of the day so it gets pretty lonely and quiet. I have read nearly every book he has, I even read some old newspapers he has for some reason. I shower and clean his room daily. I just wonder if Rick is making a plan to get me out of here. He probably assumes I'll find my own way out. My thoughts begin to race rapidly.

I hope Carl found my note.

I hope everyone is okay.

Have they given up on me?

No of course not. What if they're mad because you didn't warn them about all this? No, they already said they weren't upset. This quietness is maddening. I look out the barred window in Negans room and gasp. I see Daryl outside he must've been trying to escape. but he is surrounded by a bunch of men. Fuck. It was probably a trap. I mentally scream as Negan steps in front of him. I begin banging on the window helplessly as they beat him mercilessly. A few hot tears actually slip from my eyes. I wipe them immediately and watch Negan leave as they continue beating the holy hell out of him and drag him back inside. I sit down on the couch processing what I just witnessed. I begin to twirl my ponytail anxiously.

I suddenly hear the doorknob jingle and in walks Negan with a smirk on his face.

"Hello sunshine." Negan greets putting his bat next to the door against the wall. Thankfully unbloodied. I stare at the floor.

He whistles to capture my attention but my gaze is still fixated on the ground.

"I saw what you did outside." I mumble

"Yeah he's one hard-headed motherfucker isn't he? Rick has really got him by the balls huh?"

I want to say something. Tell him what a monster he is. But I don't, I remain quiet and bite my tongue.

"Darlin' Listen. I'm not the fucking bad guy here. Hear me out. I do what I have to do so these people stay safe. Your little group killed MANY of my fucking people. More than I was fucking okay with. Me? I kill 2 of them and all hell breaks fucking loose."

I look up into his eyes. Big mistake. They are enticing and hypnotic. It's like I'm in a trance. I shake my head slightly, what am I thinking? I may have loved him once. But never again.

"You've killed innocent people."

"To prove a point. Nothing personal. Strictly business. Simple as that."

I used to love Negan, more then anything. Or maybe it was just the idea of loving him I idolized more. And maybe that's why everything hurts so much.

"Negan. You have a point, you only killed two of our people. But the difference is, we treated each other like family. You probably didn't know the names of half the people we killed." I explain as he sits next to me.

"What went wrong?" Negan asks. "What went so fucking wrong with us? We would have been the perfect duo Darlin' til Rick the Prick had to ruin you."

"He didn't ruin me. Being alone out there... that's what changed me. You, you changed me. And do you even have to ask what went wrong?"

"But it started off so well."

"You went against your own principles Negan. You became controlling, manipulative, and down right abusive. You'd scream at me and even lay your hands on me. I wasn't one of your wives but you treated me as if I was. I mean you killed any fucking guy I talked to or gave them the iron. You'd send them on suicide missions. You scared me Negan and you didn't even care. And not to mention the unfaithfulness... I mean you could sleep around with other woman but God forbid I even talked to another man."

"I know- I know- I know Kendall. But that was years ago and I've changed."

"Ricks going to come for me. He will. And he will kill you. And I can't stop him."

Negan begins to laugh.

"My dick is halfway down Ricks throat. You really think he's coming Darlin? It's over with them. It's time you fucking learn that."

He's wrong.

He's got to be wrong. They have to be coming for me.

"You're wrong. You don't know Rick like I do." Is all I can say.

"I've missed you Doll." Negan says disregarding what I had just said. His hand makes its way to my cheek as I flinch. A dissatisfied frown appears on his face as he runs his hand down my cheek.

"Trust me." He whispers as he leans in to kiss me. I don't kiss back, I just sit in shock.

"I'll never hurt you, never again." He leans in again and kisses me a second time but I still don't kiss back.

When he pulls away he looks at me to read my face for emotions. He has a shy smile on his face.

"I'll be back later." He says standing to his feet and leaving. He's hurt I didn't kiss him back but won't show it. He grabs his bat and leaves, locking the door as always. I sit in utter silence. He let his guard down for me. His evil persona fades and it leaves me wondering.

Maybe he isn't a monster after all.