004

Group Text
"Avonlea's finest"
Gilbert Blythe: the party starts tonight at 7, better be there.

Ruby Gillis: I will!💗

Diana Barry: Me and Anne might be a little late because we also have to pick up Charlie🙄

Charlie Sloane: lmao okay diana, i know you're excited to see me

Gilbert Blythe: Okay that's fine with me. See you soon.

Seven o'clock had finally reached and the group of friends began to get ready to hang out at Gilbert Blythe's house. Ruby was the first to show up alongside Josie Pye. She was too eager to see her life long crush. Meanwhile, Anne was debating on even going. She never had fun at parties, something weird always seemed to happen. That must be why people enjoy them so much she thought. She sighed and decided to get dressed. Since it was really only her closest friends, she threw on a hoodie and ripped jeans and twisted her hair into one, long, french braid. Soon enough she got a text from Diana saying she was here. She ran out of Green Gables and got in.

The two girls picked up Charlie Sloane and showed up to the Blythe House fifteen minutes after the party started. "Finally!" Josie Pye exclaimed when they walked into the house. "Ruby go over and talk Blythe with Diana." She commanded her friend. Josie was clearly annoyed with Ruby staring at Gilbert and talking about him non stop. "Hey Anne. Diana." Gilbert came up to the girls with a red solo cup in hand. "Hey Gil, nice party." Diana said. "I'm gonna go get a drink, be right back." She said and walked off with Charlie, leaving Anne and Gilbert alone to talk.

"Hello Gilbert." Anne stared coldly. He chuckled, "We're still doing that?" He scratched the back of his neck with his free hand. "Yes we are, Blythe." She stared behind him, avoiding all eye contact. "Anne, I'm so-" He was cut off by Josie Pye commanding everyone to play truth or dare. He sighed and they all went to sit in a circle. "Why are we playing middle-school games?" Jane asked. "Because there's nothing better to do." Josie said sharply and took a seat next to Billy.

Suddenly almost half of the kids in the room got a notification.

direct message from users, @jerrybaenard, @j.andrews, @josiepye, @tilsboulter, @diana.barry
jerrybaenard added @charlie_sloane
jerrybaenard named the groupchat "shirbert is real"

jerrybaenard: okay someone needs to ask gilbert or anne something like who's the cutest one here or whatever..

josiepye: lame

j.andrews: good job on being slick now everyone else can see we're in a groupchat

tillsboulter: josie you ask, you're the most heartless

josiepye: fair enough