014

a/n: this chapter is more mature involving drinking, smoking, sexual-ish stuff, etc. okay. love u all have fun reading

The party started, music blasting, booze spilling, and hormonal teens everywhere. The whole group was there as well as fellow students from Avonlea High, students from Washington Academy (the private school), and people no one even knew. Gilbert Blythe always threw huge parties but this was the biggest yet.

The frail redhead was anxious. She was use to parties, but none this size. She tried sticking close to any friend she could but they'd go off and do other things Anne had no interest in. Josie was shit-faced and making out with Jane which gave the group an answer to their unsolved mystery except Anne would be the only one to remember. Billy disappeared in a room with a senior girl, Diana and Charlie were making out which was definitely the alcohol that gave them the courage, Ruby was off flirting with a Washington student, Cole was taking shot after shot, Jerry was cuddling with some girl Anne has never seen, Tillie was already passed out with Moody screaming along to the music. Anne sighed and walked upstairs, hoping to find peace and quiet but failed miserably as it was filled with teens making out and well...other things. She didn't stick around long and ran outside sitting in the grass and looking at the stars.

She wished to be drunk like her friends and have the night of her life but she had to be smart. If any of them need someone she'd need to be sober. She was the designated mom.

She sighed as she looked into the dark sky with white specks. She began connecting the stars to find any constellation she knew. She started with the easiest one, the little dipper.
"Orion...Cygnus...Scorpius..." She said to herself scanning the sky.

"Pisces." Another voice chimed in and suddenly laid next to her. Gilbert Blythe. "My star sign." Anne breathed looking at him. When she looked at him she remembered the occurrence from earlier. Her and her sworn enemy almost kissed. But they weren't sworn enemies, they were soulmates, and yet they didn't know it.

"You know shirley, we are compatible." He winked which made her heart flutter. "Oh are we now?" She turned on her side to get a better look at him. He was also now on his side and stared deeply into her eyes. He got brave suddenly and pushed a hair behind her ear which cause her cheeks to turn a powerful red. They began to grow closer. They were carrying on where they left before.

They were closer

and closer

and closer

until Cole Mackenzie burst through the front door, onto the lawn. "I think I'm gonna puke!" he slurred. "Oh God." Anne said, standing up quickly, her mom instincts kicking in. "Come here." She urged Cole and tried leading him to a bush. It was too late however. The young boy threw up all over the red head's clothing.

"Oh my God!" She yelled. "I give up!" She threw her hands up surrendering to her bad luck. "Hey, hey, hey." Gilbert rushed over in hopes to calm her down. "I'll give you some clothes to change into and you can stay the night. All of our friends are anyway so it's no problem. I'll even end the party early." He smiled which cause her to smile back. "Thank you, Gil." she nodded. "Cole let's go inside!" She helped him.

Once Cole was figured out, she went into Gilbert's room. "Hey." She sighed. "Hey. I got some clothes for you." He smiled and handed her track pants and a shirt which was far too large on her but she had found comfort in it. She went into Gilbert's bathroom to change and the music was drowned out. She slipped into the new change of clothes, careful not to get Cole's vomit anywhere. She went back out and saw Gilbert helping their intoxicated friend. Anne smiled at how he took care of Cole, so delicately and careful.

"Oh, you're finished!" He stood up and looked at her. "Yeah. Um, how many people are still here?" She asked looking at the curly haired boy. "It's clearing out. Everyone should be gone in the next hour or so." She nodded and sat on the bed next to Cole. "Let me take care of him. You go have fun at your party." She insisted. "Making sure no drunk teenagers break my windows isn't my ideal way of having fun." He chuckled. "But I should probably make sure that doesn't happen, if you don't mind." Anne smiled and shook her head, "Not at all."

While Gilbert made sure everything was okay downstairs in the mess of teenagers, Anne helped Cole drink water and get him to the toliet. He was getting the drunk shivers too so he was wrapped up in about three different blankets. "Thank you, Anne." He slurred which Anne was just able to make out. "Of course." She giggled.

Gilbert was downstairs, music blaring. He saw Josie and Jane cuddling on a couch while smoking a blunt and Tillie laying on the ground next to the couch, out cold. He shook his head and noticed only twenty more people were scattered around. He sighed of relief. He decided he needed a little something for getting through the night and took two shots of vodka. He had about three more and as the time passed everyone had left the party. He smiled and went back upstairs to the red head.

"Hey!" He smiled, struggling slightly to walk perfectly. "Hi? Did you have fun?" She smiled back. "I would say so! Did you see? Josie and Jane were cuddling. Cole's gaydar was right!" He giggled and flopped onto the bed. Anne smiled and looked at the boy wondering what he had to drink while he was down there. "Speaking of...where is Cole?" He slurred slightly and sat up. "Oh, I put him in the guest room. He was down puking and wanted to sleep. "Will you sleep in here? With me?" Gilbert smiled at her. Her cheeks turned nearly as red as her hair. "Gil, I don't kn-" she was cut off by his finger pushed up to her mouth. "Please?" He did a pouty face which made her laugh. "Fine." She rolled her eyes and got under the covers. "You're really pretty, Anne. I like your hair." He giggled and faced her. "Thank you, Gil. Go to sleep." She tried to quiet the slightly drunk teen. "Okay, fine fine!" He smiled. Silence filled the room and Anne thought he was asleep. That was until, she felt an arm wrap against her waste and a body closer to hers. "Goodnight, Anne."