015

The morning had arrived but there was no sun, no blue sky, and no singing from the birds. It was only a dark gray sky and loud roars of thunder.

The thunder had awoken nearly every teen in the house. Diana and Charlie were awake and stopped cuddling so no one saw them. Ruby woke up next to Tillie who was also awake, both their heads pounding. Billy, Moody, and Jerry were on the floor and were also now awake but with no hangover. The ones left sleeping were Cole, Jane, Josie, Gilbert, and Anne.

"Should we wake them up?" Diana asked, putting her hair into a new ponytail. "Sure, why not." Tillie shrugged and got up from the floor, helping Ruby. The seven teens went upstairs first to find Cole in the guest bedroom, sound asleep in a pool of his own drool. "I got this." Moody said and jumped onto the once peaceful boy. "What the fuck!" Cole screamed, now awake and in pain from the impact and hangover.

They got Cole out of bed and went to the next room, Bash's room. The teens saw Jane and Josie sleeping next to each other and Jane's arms wrapped around Josie's waist. "Well, there's our answer." Diana smiled at the sight. "Aw, they're so cute. Too bad we have to wake them." Ruby said as she walked over and shook them awake. The two girls were scared at their friend's knowing their not-so-secret secret. "Oh, um, hey guys." Josie said pushing Jane away from her. "We don't care if you're dating! Well we do, it's cute, but we don't like care care." Tillie rambled. "Yeah it's cute! Speaking of, let's see if Gilbert and Anne are together." Diana squealed in excitement and led the way into the next room.

There they were. Anne and Gilbert. His arms wrapped around her small waist and their faces close. "Someone take a picture right now." Jane demanded quietly. After taking the picture Cole  came up with idea not to wake them and let them wake up on their own and walk downstairs together. They all agreed and thought that'd be entertaining enough. The teens exited the room and went downstairs to discuss what they had just seen.

Around ten minutes later, Anne woke up. She saw Gilbert's peaceful face centimeters away from hers. She sat up and regretted the choice thinking if her friends had seen. Deep down however, she felt no regret.

Gilbert woke up from the sudden movement. "Good morning, Anne." He said as he stretched, "Sleep well?". She looked at him, "Gil! What if our friends saw?" She worried, trying to keep her voice down in the hopes they're sleeping. "There's no way, they all have terrible hangovers and are gonna want to sleep as long as possible." He assured her. "Fine. Let's go down and wake them then."

As the two teens walked down the stairs she saw the rest of their group in the kitchen staring at them. "Oh! Good morning, guys.." Anne said nervously looking at Diana specifically. "Hello. How'd you two sleep?" Diana said with a smug look. "Oh! Good. Bash's bed was really comfortable." She said, hoping they wouldn't think she was in Gilbert Blythe's bed. "Oh, that's funny...Jane and I slept in there." Josie said with a grin. "Uh must have been the guest room then huh." She thought quickly, not remembering she put Cole in there. "Nope, that was me in there." He said quickly. Anne was at a loss of words which was unusual for her. "Ugh fine!" She gave up. "You happy?" They all nodded. "Very. Now, Look at this picture!" Tillie laughed, showing them the picture of her clearly intoxicated from the previous night.

The group stayed for a while as the storm worsened. They were laughing and talking about the party and what they could remember. Of course Anne was there filling them all in on anything they forgot. They decided to post the pictures they got from the night.

Instagram

josiepye