| Chapter 4 |

The next morning wasn't any better. It seemed like they were trying to avoid each other at all cost. Hiro halfway admitted that something was definitely not right with Tadashi. The taller man simply tensed every time Hiro opened his mouth to speak. It was like he was waiting for Hiro to kick him out of the room or—push him out of a window.

It wasn't like Hiro hadn't thought about those things before, but he wasn't in a hurry to hate Tadashi that much yet. The older actor however was skittish and maybe a tad defensive at times. Hiro just couldn't wrap his head around what could be bothering him.

He was sitting at one of the benches located near the pavement heading to the park of the resort as he sipped his iced tea. The sky was blue and the sun was bright today. To be honest, it was quite a beautiful day but that didn't mean Hiro felt the same way about it. He adjusted his sunglasses as he took in a deep breath.

Tadashi had left in the morning without a word and Hiro hadn't bothered to ask where he was going. All that he wanted was some space from all the gloominess Tadashi was portraying ever since they got here. He wondered briefly if Tadashi had found him burdensome once more and the thought immediately didn't make him feel better.

He wasn't bothersome, was he? Hiro toyed with the thought before he shook his head. No, something else was eating Tadashi from inside. He bit his bottom lip as he let his mind wander before he remembered what he had said to Tadashi before this entire mess started.

"I hate you," he tested the words and immediately grimaced. He felt guilt once more swirling through his vein like poison. He hadn't meant it that way. He had just felt annoyed that Tadashi and Honey were hitting off so well, practically ignoring his presence. However, as to why he was annoyed, now that part Hiro was having some trouble getting the answer to.

It wasn't like he liked Honey. She was too bubbly and—too cheerful for his taste. She seemed like she needed someone with a lot of patience to handle her. Hiro couldn't do it, heck, he couldn't even like her. He frowned deeply at the thought before he went near an unfamiliar part of his thoughts.

Could it be he was angry at Tadashi instead?

He sipped his iced tea and sighed. Why would he be angry at Tadashi? Didn't the man himself tell him that he disliked Hiro as much as Hiro disliked him? That sharp pang caught him off guard as he blinked at the sudden whirl of emotions in his chest. Right, this was what he felt that night before he got himself drunk. He had felt bitter and useless.

He had felt like he was abandoned. And to think that Tadashi had made him felt that way was most—confusing. And yet, here he was wondering why it all somehow made sense if only he could fit it all into a picture.

Hiro took off his sunglasses as he looked up to the sky. For a moment, he questioned if maybe it would be better if he apologised to Tadashi. Then he frowned deeper. Why? Because he had told Tadashi he hated him?

Well, he didn't know now. From the way Tadashi acted, it seemed like the only way for him to solve this weird misunderstanding between them was if Hiro pulled the man aside and actually made him talk. He sighed once more before he stood up and looked away from the sky. His vision went dark for a moment from the sun. He huffed and sipped his drink as he slipped his sunglasses back on.

***

Hiro found Tadashi an hour later at the beach, just sitting at one of the chairs under the umbrella, reading something. The younger actor frowned as he walked up to him without realising he was doing it so. He ended up standing in front of Tadashi, just staring down at the man until he sighed loudly and sat down at the seat next to Tadashi.