Basic Straining

"Okay, who's made smores out of my underwear?" 'Well, that's one of the grossest phrases to wake up to.'

I walk out of the cabin in my PJs to see Duncan and Geoff laughing while Harold throws his dirty underwear into the yard landing right in front of Courtney. "Eww, Harold! You are so totally gross!" Courtney sneers.

"Leave him alone and just run along, Courtney. It's too early to deal with your whininess and crap. I at least need two cups of tea before then." I say as I cross my arms and lean against the doorframe next to Harold. Courtney just huffs before stomping off.

As Courtney is stomping off Harold tries to defend himself, "No wait. It wasn't me. Idiots!" Harold storms back into the cabin leaving me with the two other boys.

"Sometimes he just makes it too easy," Geoff says.

"Like I said last time you guys pulled this crap; you go too far with your little pranks and you will be dealing with a momma big cat and you don't want that. Got it?" I threaten the two. They nod their heads at me. "Good," I say as I walk back into the cabin then head to the showers to get ready for another day of who knows what.

	I'm exiting the showers when I hear Uncle Hat announce, "Listen up you little cockroaches I want all campers to report to the dock of shame at oh nine hundred hours

I'm exiting the showers when I hear Uncle Hat announce, "Listen up you little cockroaches I want all campers to report to the dock of shame at oh nine hundred hours...That means now soldiers now!" 'Well looks like I dressed for the occasion.' I run full speed to the dock of shame and stand at attention in front of my uncle who smiles softly at me. When everyone else reaches the dock Uncle Hat begins to give orders, "Everyone line up and stand at attention like Kitten is doing." He then walks over to Geoff and hits his legs with a stick, "You call this proper formation? Feet together." Next is Duncan, "Arms down." Then DJ who seems to have been looking at me, "Eyes forward." Now Heather, "Chin Up." And Uncle Hat just hits Harold all over with the stick. "Today's challenge will not be an easy one. In fact, I do not expect everyone to come out alive. My orders are to make sure that all the babies in front of me drop out of my boot camp except one. The last one standing wins immunity for their team. Rule number one you will address me as Master Chief; have you got that?"

"Yes, Master Chief," We say in unison.

Uncle Hat continues his rules, "You will sleep when I tell you to sleep and you will eat only when I tell you to eat; is that clear?"

"Yes, Master Chief," Geoff and I answer.

"Rule number two when you are ready to give up you will walk to the end of the dock and ring the bell. Which brings me to rule number three. I'd like to get at least one quitter before the end of the first day so that day will not end until someone drops out. Now get your butts down to the beach soldiers now!" We all run on his command and gather at the beach. "Now listen up. Each team will hold a canoe over their heads. If I catch you taking your hands off of the canoe and you will be eliminated and no one eats lunch until someone drops out. Canoes up!" We all lift the canoe with me in between DJ and Courtney. I lay my head on DJ's shoulder and sigh after doing this for years this is easy for me but I can't say the same for everyone else.