sweet life.

whoever made this must have laced this with some trippy shit, since these white lines are taking me back to my parents' home in ladera. all too vividly, as if this was reality and not back when i was a teenager.

       the warm sand dusted our toes as we advanced through it, and the three of us giggled at the feeling of it getting between our toes. "holy shit, this sand feels good!" janelle squealed, as if she'd never been to a beach before. nigga, we lived in coastal california, so there was nothing but beach. but i let her be the kid she was on the inside, the kid mom and dad tried to mature too early.

       "quit all that cussing or else imma tell on you, nelly," i teased her. her 14 year old self was so grown and so childish at the same time, but she managed to keep up with 18 year old gabby and i.

       "you'll have to catch me first, nene!" she giggled, dropping her dolce and gabbana towel, her gucci shades and victoria's secret backpack in the sand then ran off into the waves.

       "this little girl is too much to get alone," i spoke to gabby loudly enough for nelly to hear, "so how about we tag team her ass?"

      "yeaaaaah," gabby smirked. she set our stuff down on the sand, then we rushed into the water to attack my baby sister. we pulled her down with us into the ocean, then emerged in a mix of states - gabby with her blonde, flat-ironed hair curling up, janelle laughing, and me taking it all in.