Chapter 3

For the few months that I've been living in Malibu my life has been good, and bad. It's been good because of how my friendship with Lex was growing stronger, I still got to go to parties with Andrew, and my studies weren't too horrible. These few months have been bad because of a certain boy. Carter seems to be going out of his way to annoy me every chance he had. Though I would think he'd be happy, considering that he always has a different hoe straddling his lap almost every other day. It was starting to tick me off with how often he had begun to try and get me into bed with him. Andrew had even told me people had set bets on how long it would take for me to crack.

So far no one's gotten paid.

Lex and I ate lunch together almost everyday we could. The only times we wouldn't eat together would be on the days one of us got detention. Let me rephrase. The only times we wouldn't eat together would be on the days Lex got detention. The good side of that flaw was the dirt Lex could dig off of others. Since detention was filled with the troublemakers Lex easily pretended to slip off into sleep and ease drop on every human in there. Learning things about the good students and the bad. She might know things others don't know about themselves!

Recently on a day we had planned to throw around ideas for our Halloween costumes Lex was, again, ushered off to detention. I grumpily ate my sandwich, looking around the cafeteria for Andrew. My sight didn't land on him once. It did glaze over Carter sucking face with some brunette. I groaned and finished my lunch, having small talk with a few classmates that passed by. As I began to leave a voice called my name behind me. I turned around to see a tall track member with short black hair.

"John, hey." I replied, turning to facing my classmate. "What's up?"

He grinned widely and spoke quickly. "So, I know you're going to Andrew's party, but I was wondering if you wanted to go with me as my date?"

I blinked a few times before stating with a laugh. "Are you serious? Yeah, sure. Why not."

John laughed and scratched the back of his head before continuing. "I was thinking we could go with matching outfits," I nodded, edging him to continue explaining the idea. "But it would be a surprise."

I hummed in thought, not really liking surprises, but John seemed like a nice enough guy. "I guess..."

"Perfect! I'll meet you at the party and give it to you there," with that John spun on his heel and returned to his table. Sitting down he was greeted with high fives and hushed whispers. One of the hushed whispers came from Carter. I narrowed my eyes but choose not to dig too much into it. I walked through the halls with the intention of getting to my locker when I was tackled by fiery red haired chick.

"Blair! Were you asked to be some dudes date to Andrew's party?!" She demanded loudly.

I nodded, rubbing my ear.

"Do not go without a costume! Carter set you up," She explained.

"What?" Lex explained that she overheard some friends of Carter's talking about how he planned to prank me by getting me to be the only one not in costume.

"That's the stupidest prank ever," I retorted, but I had to admit it pissed me off that he was going to such lengths. Then an idea popped into my head. I smiled evilly at Lex and she raised an eye brow. 

"Okay I see the wheels turning in your head, what's your plan?" she asked. The bell then rang. 

"We'll just show up in the sexy-est things we find." I smirked

                                                            ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

After school Lex and I met at our car. Luckily I had drove her to school this morning, she actually only lived around the corner.