Chapter 8

Deticated to Jojoflake since she kept asking me to update. Here hope you like it.

~~~~

It was a relief walking out off school and knowing I had a two week break. Christmas was next week and I don't know how I'm going to do that with James. I've been avoiding him most of the time. I would run in, grab some clothes and then left. I stayed mostly at Lex's stayed just until I knew James was asleep. Trust me I don't even know how I was able to do that. Lex was going away with her family and I wasn't talking to Andrew, so I don't know how I'm going to do this. I would have to deal with it for the next few weeks. 

The first day he had called and text-ed every second wondering where I was until. Lex finally just called him from her phone saying I was safe and that he had nothing to worry about. I thought about talking to him, but I didn't want to talk about it. It's the past. I want to leave it there, though Lex kept saying that I was being a coward. Once I had reached my bike I got on and just drove around, avoiding home. I knew though that if I didn't get home soon James would call me until I got annoyed and picked up. 

I opened the door to find James watching TV so I head up to my room leaving him alone. I make it to my room and see my notebook on my bed. I stare at it confused. The last time I saw it Carter had it. I walk over and see a sticky note on it. 

I'm sorry. I shouldn't have taken it. I should have given it back to you. Here it is and I added somethings to it. It took me a while to finish it. Once again, I'm sorry. I hope you can forgive me at some point. ~Carter

After reading the note I pick up the notebook. As I turned through the pages I found a page. This page was about certain things that my mother had said. He had crossed them out and wrote on top. 

Your mother is wrong. You are worth everything and anything. Anyone would love to have you in their life. 

Another one said.

You can become and do anything that you want to do. Your mother doesn't know how smart and beautiful you are.

As I read through as many as I could I had ushered tears in my eyes. He had filled out all of the pages till the end and had added little comments to all the negative ones. Questions were floating around my head now. Does he really think these things about me? Should I give him another chance? I just don't know.  

I thought for a moment before taking the notebook in hand and walking across the street. I knocked on the door and wait hoping he wouldn't answer and this would just be easier, but luck was not on my side. 

"Blair." Carter said somewhat shocked. I took a breath and lifted the notebook up. 

"Is this true?" I asked looking at him. He looked to it and nodded. 

"Why would I lie about that stuff. I know I've been a jerk lately, but I really only kept it because I wanted to find a way to help you. I wanted you to know how truly amazing you are." He cut off there his cheeks growing red and mine soon follow suit. 

A awkward silence passes between us before either talked. 

"Everything I wrote in there is one-hundred percent true." He tells. As the word process tears run down my cheeks. 

Maybe I wasn't all alone in this world. Maybe Carter was right there with me. I was then brought to Carter's chest. He wrapped his arms around me and I had this certain sense of home. 

Then came the water works. I let everything out and it seemed that I've been doing that a lot lately. It never seemed I got all of it out. Carter just keep hugging me as I sobbed quietly. Lucky his parents weren't home to see this. 

After a good five minutes of crying. My cheeks had dried a little. I looked at Carter. 

"Can I stay here tonight. I rather James not see me like this." He smiles and nods a little to excitedly. 

"Only if I can do this." He says making me confused as he always does. This confusion is demolished when he puts his hands under my knees and picks me up. I wrap my arms around his neck as a reflex. When we get the living room he throws me on the couch. I land and glare at the jerk to which he just laughs. 

"Do you want to watch a movie?" He asks and I shrug still mad about him throwing me.

I'm in my own little world when he comes back to the couch a bowl in hand full with popcorn. I greedily grab some and pop it into my mouth. He looks at me like I'm crazy and I raise an eyebrow. 

"Did I tell you that you could eat some of my popcorn?" He says completely serious. This makes me snort. 

"Who said I needed your damn permission?" I say back cockily. It was his time to be surprised. I was reaching for another handful of popcorn when he smacked my hand. I looked up at his and glared. 

He can't stop me from having popcorn god damn it! I then grabbed the bowl and ran with it in my hands. 

"You asshole." Carter yells and runs after me. 

"I know what you are, but what am I?" I say back and stick out my tongue to which he smiles while shaking his head. He comes to grab me and I go over the couch. I taunt him by stuffing a hand full of popcorn into my mouth. 

"Oh you're getting it now." He says with a look of determination on his face. Oh shit! 

Was all I could do before he came running towards me.

I sprint up the stairs and head for his bedroom planning to hide in there until he gives up. Didn't go exactly to plan and long story short he ended up in the room with me. 

"Just hand me the popcorn and no one gets hurt." He says with a smirk on his face knowing he had caught me. I still had one last defence though.

"You want it? Fine." I say and throw the bowl of popcorn at him before making it out of the room and down the stairs. I hide in the pantry.

"Oh are we playing hide and go seek now? How old are you five?" He says and I just roll my eyes. It gets very quiet. I step forward towards the door, standing for a moment seeing if I hear anything. When I don't I open the door and step out looking around.

All of a sudden I'm pushed against the wall with strong arms boxing me in. I looked up to see Carter there looking down at me a look and I looked back not being able to draw my eyes away from his.

"So beautiful" he whispers and my stomach goes crazy. The smell of him flows around me like a soft blanket making me feel warm and safe. That's the one word that keeps repeating in my head.

Safe. Safe. Safe.

I don't realize that we have gotten closer until I feel his nose touch mine.

"Can I kiss you?" Carter ask looking to my eyes. I'm frozen not knowing how to reply to that, but it seemed like my body did by leaning in, closing the distance between our lips. Just before they touch there's a crash and we break apart seeing that the cat had knock a pan off the counter.

"Ready to go to bed?" He asks clearing his throat. I nod quietly still trying to process what just almost happened. I come over end up having a break down and then we almost end up kissing! What the hell are you doing Blair? You don't even know if you can trust him! It's just the way that I feel around him. He makes me feel safe and the things he wrote in my notebook. Those weren't just empty words, they meant something. So what do I do?

 I sit there for a few more minutes thinking until I hear the shower turn off and decide that this is my last chance to do anything, so I stand up and walk to the door. I grab the handle getting ready to leave when I hear my phone ring and answer getting news that makes my heart lodge in my throat, but before I know it I'm running.