Chapter 5

I ran for my life out of detention, Lex at my heels.

"You are going to the fucking party!" Lex screamed as she caught up to me and tackled me to the ground. 

"God damn it, Lex!" I screeched, "I'm tiered and want to get some sleep."

The remaining students in the halls cased us curious glances, but no one dared approach.

"Like hell! You think I can't tell how down in the dumps you're getting? I'm your best friend," Lex continued, helping me to my feet. "Besides, you cannot leave me alone with Andrew!" Her face twisted with disgust.

"What? Why don't you like him?" I questioned as we began to head out the school doors.

She looked at me like it was the most obvious thing in the world, but my oblivious face forced her to explain.

"I've lived next door to Andrew for years, Blair. He never gave me the chance to be friends with him. Yet when I suddenly start dressing a bit more like a girl, he sees a brand new toy to play with! Like hell...I used to like Andrew, but I'm sorry Blair, it's too late for a second chance for that playboy." Lex shook her head in sad distaste, and I really could understand her reasons...

But Andrew closed his eyes when he kissed her and that means something and I will find out what!

"Alright, I'll go to the party," I caved, a plan already beginning to form in my mind. Lex squealed and wrapped me in her death hug. After I regained my breath, we swung onto our bikes and drove straight to my house before going to the place that would be hosting the party. Lex told me she had all the makeup and hair supplies we'd need in her bag.

As I touched up the last bit of my makeup, I reach into my bag for my favorite red lip stick. As I rummage around the few books and supplies inside I notice a certain notebook is missing. 

"Hey, Lex" I called behind me, searching further into my pack. "Do you know if I left a notebook back at detention?"

She pondered in thought "Which notebook? What's it look like?"

"The one my therapist told me to write in, spiral, multicolored" I gave up on my backpack with a sigh, finishing my makeup.

"I'm not sure... I can help you look for it when we're back at school," She offered. I thanked her and helped with the mesh of her hair. After leaving a note for my dad, and stepping out of the house, I began replaying the times I had taken out my notebook throughout the day. Lex snapped me out of my thoughts by jolting her bike dangerously close to mine. She laughed hysterically and we began our race to the party.

        After a disappointing tie, we arrived at some guy named Mitch's house. We let ourselves in, greeted immediately by the smell of alcohol, smoke, and sweat. Drunk guys scanned us up and down, but we ignored them as we reached the bar. Lex subconsciously pulled at the hem of her ripped black skinny jeans, and twisted around under her strapless tube top. I gave her a reassuring clamp on the shoulder, but I couldn't help feel a little uncomfortable in my American flag shorts, and similar tube top. My uneasiness was soothed with the sight of a familiar face.

"Andrew!" I called, waving him over to us.

Lex glared furiously at me, but made no protest since she knew Andrew was my other best friend. Andrew sashayed over, his sweat pants lower than necessary, and missing a shirt. There was a pink tint to his cheeks, showing he had a bit to drink, but I was sure he was still fairly sober. Some bright red head skank followed behind him, she reminded me of The Little Mermaid. Not just because of the hair, but because she wore nothing but a bra and her thong. I could basically feel Lex's annoyance.