Down Beat

Five A.M. every morning Adelaide would wake up to the annoyance of her alarm, have to climb out of her warm bed, smack the dismiss button, and get ready for school. "No innocent teenage girl should ever have to get up this early" Adelaide thought to herself while combing out her tangled brown hair. Now, school didn't start until 8 A.M., but her chores all started at 6 A.M. which was often a struggle, still being disgruntled from waking up so early, and not being a morning person.

"You just have to hold on until next week. Then you'll be sixteen."

Just then, Adelaide's best friend Megan texted her repeatedly.

Megan: GUESS WHAT

Megan: GUESS GUESS GUESS!

Adelaide: Yes Megan.?

Megan: Goodmorning :)

Adelaide sighed. Megan always did the most random things. She was far more wild and rebellious then she could ever be. She had always told her that life shouldnt be wasted doing boring things. Yet Adelaide had a "boring" kind of life. She woke up, cleaned, read a little bit, ate breakfast, went to school, and basically just read after. Megans days were a little bit more fun. She went to any party she could, and always was up to some kind of prank. If she brought Adelaide to a party, Adelaide would just sit there awkwardly.

Thats just how Adelaide did out of etiquette, not what she thought.

She wanted to be wild.

She was highly skilled in singing, and playing the well known Electric guitar. Whenever she was sad she either had on her headphones, or was making music of her own. She could easily make anyone look like a noob when it came to the guitar. It's everything she has. Having an unstable home life, with only a mom due to a previous divorce, she had to care for herself while her mom was living the single life. When it came to company, it was either Megan, or her pet dog, Misfit.

Adelaide headed off to school, meeting Megan at her front door. "Hey!" She mouthed from the window. She walked out the door and friendly punched Megan. "Hey Lady Loo!" Megan exclaimed through her large grin. "Don't call me that! I'm not a perfect lady. I have a street performance tonight as a matter of fact." She said and cocked her head in pride. "Ooh. Hows your little garage band going?" Megan questioned. That's right. Adelaide had a garage band. She had called them "Down Beat", because it seemed suitable for a rock band. It had a bassist, two guitarists, one of them being Adelaide, who was also vocalist, and of course, a drummer. "Down Beat is doing very well, actually. I have my street performance tonight alone, and were going to perform for a party next week."

They were walking up to the schools steps now, and naturally, didn't want to go into the building, but the bell had rung. "See you third period, Meg" Adelaide whined as she walked into the building. Her first class was English. She usually got through the class easily, seeing as the teacher loved her, but today there was a subsitute. "Yay.." Megan thought to herself, as she sat down and pulled out her binder. "I am Mrs.Clovenski and I am here to teach." She then nudged her glasses that had slipped to the tip of her nose, back to their rightful position right between her beady little eyes.

That day in English class was hell.

Turns out Mrs.Clovenski didnt like Adelaide. That obviously makes school a lot more dreadful. She survived her other classes and finally met Megan at third period. "Finally. Seems as though today has been the longest one yet." Megan forced out of her mouth, exhausted. "Agreed." They went through the class as usual. Passing notes, small pranks, and chatting. It was remarkable they hadnt been caught yet! They survived through their fourth period, and Adelaide then ran home, in fear of being late for her street performance in an hour. It seems unreasonable, but it was in town, and town was 40 minutes away.

She ran into the house, grabbed her amp and her guitar, and got into her car.

(She may be young, but she drove a car anyways.)