Chapter 6: Nightmare

Warning! Character death(s) and torture! Read at your own risk.

Three Days Later...

Tom hears a sound in his room.

He recognizes the sound as Edd's ringtone. Without a doubt, Edd found a way out of jail. He just had to.

Tom quickly finds the cell phone and answers it. He's grateful that he hid the phone well in his stuff. He hopes it's Edd on the other end as he answers.

"Edd?! Is that you?!" He doesn't care if the maids hear him.

"Tom?! Oh, thank goodness you answered! I thought he took away your phone since you didn't get our letters," Edd sounded like he was driving.

'I knew that bastard was going through the mail before it gets here!' Tom thought as he grabs a duffel bag out of the closet.

He knew this day would come. So, he painfully yanks the collar off. After being knocked out for five minutes, he slowly gets up. He checks himself for trackers before he packs. He stays on the line while Edd keeps talking.

"Anyways, we're coming to pick you up and get the hell out of here! We have a getaway car and money for our escape. Don't ask but, we may have done some bad things to get this..." Edd trails off as he sees the police behind them.

"Right now, the words 'don't give a fuck' is strong in my dictionary. How long before you get here?!" Tom runs down the stairs with his bag of clothes and stuff. He is close to the door when he hears Maple.

"Where are you going and where did that cellphone come from?!" She shouts as he opens the front door.

"Out," he quickly closes the door and runs to the gates.

He looks around to see Edd driving a convertible with the top down. The minute Edd gets close, Tom jumps on top of the gate before jumping into the car. He watches the guards and the police nearly crash into each other. Looking down, he sees Matt is asleep and smiles. It would not be worth the escape if all three of them couldn't make it.

In a town on the outskirts of the Red Kingdom...

Ever since their escape, they had to be careful. Tom knew that Maple probably had a guard call Tord. He knew because they were on TV a lot, Tom more importantly.

"Gee, what did you guys do to get this ride?" Tom asks as Edd fills up the tank.

"Well, when we busted out of the prison, Matt somehow hotwired this car. We found it to have a full tank and a lot of cash in the glove compartment and under the seat.
We decided to get you because it wouldn't be fair to leave without you. We know he would've made your life hell. Besides, it's a miracle you had that phone." Tom took the battery out of the phone when Edd said that.

"I might have to toss it. They can trace it," Tom looks at the phone. He doesn't want to but, he doesn't want to be caught either.

He looks at his friends and his own life. He knows the risk is a life or death situation. He knows what Tord is capable of if they slip up.

He knows Edd and Matt's lives are on the line.

"Edd," Tom looks at Matt sleeping form before continuing, "When we get to our destination, we're splitting up. I know we're going to an airport in Sweden. It's one of the few places we can really disappear in. But, the risk is too high for us to stay together." Edd remains silent as he gets into the car. He takes off his disguise.