nine

Harry left as soon as he saw my boyfriend, but he did not leave just like any other person. He bumped Elliot's shoulders like a child.

"Who was that babe?" he asked, wrapping an arm around my shoulder before pulling me to a side hug, both of us staring at the elevator where Harry went.

"Nobody,"

We entered the apartment to find it lifeless, signing us that it was just the two of us in the apartment.

"You okay?" he asked, placing the flowers on the countertop, before plopping down on the couch next to me.

"Does it look like it?" pouting, staring at the black TV screen.

"I'm just trying to be a better boyfriend and wondering whether my girlfriend is okay?" he fumed, standing in front of me.

If there was something scary about Elliot, it was his bipolar disorder. It's happened wherever and whenever, and usually there's no boundary once he changes. He just becomes a whole different person, that sometimes even Niall is scared of the 6 foot guy brunette guy.

Elliot has never hit me before. He has threatened to do things that could put him behind bars, but he has never done it. He would raise his hand, and would stay like that for a good five seconds before pulling me in a hug. Whispering sorry and I love you, stating that he would change. He would change, for a good week before the same cycle happens again. Our arguments could be something as small as being late to a date by a minute, or if I went out with friends without letting him know.

I love Elliot.

I met him two months after Harry's gig two years ago, and we made it official three months after meeting each other.

"What the fuck El," he said, as I cringed at the nickname. I shut my eyes close, not wanting to deal with him.

"Are you listening to me?" he yelled.

"Yes, yes I am," I muttered, tears brimming my eyes as I stare at him not knowing what to do or say. He hates it when I cry.

"So who the fuck was that guy?" he asked, luckily the apartment next to ours was empty, as it is Harry's who left roughly ten minutes ago.

"An old friend," I admitted.

"You're lying. You were cheating on me" he yelled.

"You fucking bitch," raising his voice louder than before, he grabbed the nearest thing next to him which happens to be a picture frame of him and I. I flinched.

"Just because I couldn't go to your birthday," he throws the next thing closest to him, the gift he was holding seconds ago.

"I was working my ass off to buy you the perfect gift, just to find out you cheated on me," he yelled pointing a finger at me, not letting me speak.

"No, baby listen, he was just an old friend," I begged, going on my knees on the couch hoping he'll stop shouting and throwing things.

"Yeah fucking old friend my ass," he laughed in front of me, pacing back and forth.

"Do you actually think I'll believe that shit, it was obvious you were fucking him, if not then you wouldn't be fucking crying," he yelled, gripping my arm pulling me up from the couch.

"Babe, it hurts," I whispered, looking at his grip knowing that it will leave a bruise.

"So who the fuck was he," he muttered.

"We kissed, but it was nothing. I pushed him away, I promise," I sobbed.

"I fucking gave you everything and this is how you repay me?" he said, before grabbing the heart necklace he gave me on our 1 year that I was wearing, he pulled it from my neck breaking the gold chain.

"I was trying to be a good boyfriend, and fucking asking you how you were, and buy you an expensive ass promise ring that I worked my ass off for, and yet you have the audacity to cheat on me, kissing him seconds before I arrived, you fucking whore" he yelled, he raised his hand, as I shut my eyes close ready for the impact.

It happened all too fast, I lay on the wooden floor holding my stinging cheek. I look up to him, confused and hurt to find him staring at his own hands.

Silence engulfed the apartment, both of us shocked at what he had done.

"Get out," I muttered.

"No baby, I'm so sorry, I'll be better I promise," his voice softened, falling on the floor next to me hugging me.

"No, get the fuck out," I yelled.

The door opened, there walked Niall and my sister laughing.

I looked at them, tears streaming down my face clutching my left cheek. Their eyes widened, the tension in the air thick, as Niall charged for Elliot.

My sister ran to me, and cooed me as I cry into her arms. Niall pulled Elliot out, their yells were loud but Elliot must have hit me hard as my left ear continued to ring. He was in varsity baseball from sophomore to senior in high school and now in college as well, so his slap felt more like a punch. Their yells were muffled, before I heard grunting, a few seconds later Niall came back with a busted lip with a bruised knuckle.

"Here some ice," Niall said, I opened my eyes to see him handing me ice, as he held his own pack of peas to his knuckle.

"What a fucking dick," he continued.

"We'll file a report," Kate said, as I shook my head no, not wanting for this to go any further.

"Let him be, it was my fault," I whispered, holding the ice near my cheek flinching as soon as the cold made contact with my cheek.

"No it was not, it's never your fault," my sister told me, pulling me into a hug as I broke down crying even more.

Yes it is, everything is my fault.