sixteen

I opened Gemma's door with the spare key she gave us and with a basket of muffins apologizing for not coming over last night, "Gem," yelling as I removed my shoes, placing the muffins on the kitchen counter top.

The apartment was different, it was more feminine for sure. And was clean, unlike when it was last owned by him. The once old and overused countertops were renovated to new sparkly white marbled ones. It wasn't cluttered at all, there were also new shelves nailed to the walls that organized all her books and plants. There was even a vase of white roses on the dinner table, it's not unusual for Gem to have a vase of flowers, but usually it's red roses.

"I brought you muffins," I knocked on her bedroom door, to see her applying makeup. Even though I had known her for only two months, we became extremely close that I could practically call her a second sister. I met her when she was out at the fire escape watering her plants, and I was smoking. We got into an argument, considering she was a nurse she scolded me for smoking. And we kind of just hit it off there. At first it was just a timed meet up at the fire escape, then she invited my sister and I over for dinner and the rest is history.

"Good evening," I told her plopping on her bed. She wasn't using Harry's room, she's using the room across from it, it's spacious but not compared to the other one that leads to the fire escape.

"You sound exhausted why?" she said looking back at me, "there was a wedding order today and there were only four of us since the 3 other workers called in sick," I told her, stretching out my arms.

"Oh boo-hoo, we should switch jobs for a day and you'll see how much better your job is," throwing me the closest thing to her, which happens to be a hanger. "Ow," I winced playfully.

"Well I'm only 18," I pouted, "And you're still in high school, what a loser," she joked. "Hey, I just started school later, blame my mother," pouting at her.

"Yeah totally," she rolled her eyes, before turning to face me.

"These are good, who made these?" someone said from the doorway behind me.

"Oh goodie, Harold you're finally done hibernating," Gem stated, "Haz meet my lovely neighbor,-"

"Elizabeth,"

My eyes widened at the mention of my name. I stayed still on Gemma's bed, not wanting to look behind me, knowing who it is already.

"You guys know each other?"

"Yes."

"No,"

We said at the same time, she looked between us dumbfounded. I can feel him staring at the back of my head, probably wondering why the hell I said no.

"Wait a minute, she's THE Elizabeth?" Gem asked, her eyes widened "What do you mean THE Elizabeth?" I asked, finally looking back at Harry. God did my heart flutter. He still looked handsome as ever, a stunner even though he was only wearing some grey joggers and a grey UW hoodie.

"Gemma-" he gritted his teeth, eyeing Gemma. "He phoned mum and I about a girl named Elizabeth, he was very much upset, almost close to crying. He was whining about how he messed up," she laughed looking at a blushing Harry, before standing up from the chair and making her way out the door.

But not before pinching Harry on the cheeks, muttering a light "how cute."

I personally couldn't help but smile, Harry stayed by the doorway. His attention turned to me, as I stared back at him, waving lightly. Muttering a light hello.

After a few seconds of not saying I stood up and squeezed my way past him, god he still smells good, to the living room to find Gemma packing a muffin.

"Maybe that's why he wanted to have dinner so bad with you guys last night. He was gutted when he found out you couldn't go," Gemma added, before stuffing her lunch bag in her tote bag.

"I can't believe this," she continued. "Now I see why my little brother was so sad after you left him, you are the literal package," I blushed. "And you," she pointed at him. "You messed up bad, now she's got another guy," she sang.

"No I don't," I said way too quickly, looking back at Harry to see him still leaning against Gemma's doorway. He took a bite from the muffin, "oh is that so?", he hummed, his cheeks slightly puffed from the food he was chewing.

"Hmmhmm, so who was that Jeremy guy you went to dinner with?" Gem asked. "My best friend," I laughed quite awkwardly and quickly.

"Sure," she snorted, "yes I am sure, he's just a best friend," I said, looking at Harry who seems to be amused by the way I am acting.

"Are you sure?" she asked, her british accent even more evident than before. I nodded my head. "Looks like you still have a chance," she winked Harry, making him choke.

"Well I'm off, looks like I asked every question Harry was meaning to ask," she giggled going out the door, I followed close behind ready to leave.

"Wait,"

I looked back at him ready for whatever he is to say, please say sorry.

"How have you been?" he asked.

"Great, and yourself?" I asked, flashing him a slight smile. God this is awkward.

"That's great to hear, and great too," I looked at him weirdly, that sounded horrific.

"Great," I said.

"Great," he said. I left the apartment, shutting the door as I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. 

--------

Hii, I'm sorry I haven't updated in a fat minute, school got in the way but since quarantine started I now have extra time to write again, yay! I'll try to update more frequently too :) Anyways, how is quarantine treating you guys? Hows online school? Please stay home and stay safe!