fifteen

It has officially been almost two months since we last contacted each other, and I officially unstanned him as twitter call it. Niall though never stopped stanning him. It was pretty difficult but my sister helped me through it all. Explaining that I won't get better if I was to keep holding on to it. I was also now off of all the tabloids, it was pretty scary receiving hate online though there were some support it was mainly hate. Blaming me for everything, calling me names from being a gold digger to a whore. But all of that was behind now, and quite frankly I am happy with where I am.

School is just around the corner, and I am still conflicted on whether to move back to Hawaii with my parents and go to a boarding school or stay with my sister and her boyfriend. It's just that we are growing old and I can't just always be with my sister all this time.

Loud music from my next door neighbor woke me up, though now I was for sure it was not him since it was rented out by someone else. Whose name was Gemma, she's currently going to UW studying nursing and an intern to where my sister works, so yes Elena and her have been friends. I did not care much at this point, but it was bugging me, I have work tomorrow from nine in the morning to six at night. Being the grown up that I am, I learned to keep ear plugs by my bedside table. I took them out, before plugging them in. As if on cue the music got louder. I let out a groan moving to the living room sleeping on the sofa instead.

My alarm woke me up, as I rub sleep of my eyes before getting ready for work. I wore my typical khaki trousers and a random loose polo, I was now a manger in the floral shop so now I did not have to wear uniforms nor work at the back. Though I miss it.

"Hey Gem," I greeted her as she entered the elevator just as it was about to close. "Morning Lizzy," she said. "Sorry about last night, my brother is on vacation. He's visiting from Italy," she chuckled.

"No it's alright, I'm used to it. I learned that ear plugs can be your best friend too, especially when you live in an apartment," I admitted, in which she laughed. "You, Elena and her boyfriend, should come by for dinner tonight, I'm making lasagna, and I'd want for you guys to meet my brother," she sang. Sadly though she never really met Niall since both of them have been busy. Niall works ten to twelve hours a day, as do Gemma and when it's Niall off, Gemma has school.

"I'll try, but I have a dinner to go to," I reasoned out, "oh with who?" she asked. "Jeremy."

"Oh that one cute dude that works at that one cafe," I nodded my head, Gem became like an older sister, just like Elena, she was someone I can talk to about my problems and anything. She moved here not too long ago, she said that there's more opportunities here than there is in England.

"Well have fun," she winked, as we separate ways, her to the parking lot and I to the shop. "He's gay," I muttered a little too late.

The shop was slow today so we decided to close early, closing at four in the afternoon instead of six at night, "wait," a guy asked before I was able to turn the sign to close.

"Are you guys still open," he asked, he seemed to have been running, I looked at him as pity filled my heart. "Technically yes," I opened the door wider letting him come in before putting it on close as soon as he entered.

"Um can I please get a bouquet of white roses?" he said, "And who will it be under?" I asked, "Louis, Louis Tomlinson," he continued, tapping on the marble counter. I looked at him and how fidgety he is.

"Um-what do you want to be written on the note,"

"It's not mine but for a friend, so maybe just something like a smiley face or something," I nodded my head before going to the back and make it myself since my coworker had already left. "I'm guessing you were sent here," I started.

"Yeah, my friend is setting up the dinner and well he seems to be more frantic than I am," he continued, as I nodded my head understanding. "Been there," I joked, before adding a few finishing touches to the bouquet.

"Here, that'll be twenty dollars," I said not charging him for taxes or anything. "Hope she loves it,"

"More like hope he loves it," he laughed opening the door before leaving, I followed him few minutes later leaving the shop myself. I walked out to be welcomed by Jeremy already waiting.

"Hi," I greeted my best friend, a month after we started talking we shared our first kiss, he admitted that it did not seem right and he came about how he was experimenting, I obviously understood and decided to stay friends with him. I mean I noticed it since the very beginning, his eyes seem to always linger to guys instead of I.

"Happy eighteenth birthday you little wench," I said pulling him in a hug noticing how pouty he looked with me not greeting him first, as we walk down the streets of Seattle. I laughed, as he pushed me almost making me fall. "I thought you had forgotten about it," he whined, looking at his rainbow loafers.

"Oh shut it, how can I ever forget your birthday, you literally reminded me about it for the past month," I told him, pulling him into a hug.

After debating whether we wanted Mexican or Italian, I was able to convince him to eat Italian. We were sat outside, just as I requested, since it was a pretty nice night. After we ordered our food we chatted about everything we can think of.

"A potential sugar daddy at ten o'clock," I told him, as I took a bite out of my alfredo. He smirked, "my ten or yours?" he asked, I facepalmed myself, "mine." He looked behind him slightly. Before looking back at me and grinning widely.

"What if he likes girls though?" he pouted, "he is literally wearing a pink polo and khakis," I told him. He stood up like the confident best friend he is, he marched his way to the man bumping to him, I can hear their muted talks. Him saying sorry which surprisingly lead to introducing themselves to each other. Wow a natural, my best friend walked back to me swaying his hips. Before handing me his phone showing me that he got his number.

"I have a date this Saturday," he took a bite of his meatball before throwing me a wink.

It was now eight at night and we have been at the same restaurant for the past two hours, and the manager had to talk us out. Whilst Jeremy let out a fit before we were finally kicked out. Him and I laugh as we make our way down home.

"I had a great time,"

"Duh, you were with me," he said. "I'd say we'd have a movie night but your papi chulo is tired," he said yawning. "I understand."

"Wait here though, I have to give you your gift," I told him as he waited for me at the living room, I ran to my room, I heard him yelling about how he has been waiting for it for the longest time. I gave him a perfectly wrapped gift, as I stood in front of him urging him to open it. He gasped as he opened.

"My goodness," he shrieked slipping on the mustard yellow vans, he screamed when he saw the sole of the shoe, which was bright rainbow. "Oh my precious baby," he pulled me into a hug, as he teared up. Much of his friends and family don't know his real sexual identity, especially his parents who are mighty religious.

"Wait I'm not done," I told him, pulling the gift from behind me. It was a peridot stoned little necklace from pandora. He pulled me into a hug. He complimented me showering my head with kisses. "Okay, okay, head back home, your parents are probably looking for you," I told him, kissing his cheeks one last time before he left with both the gift in his arms. He thanked me one last time before darting off home.

By the looks of it, they were still having the dinner I contemplated whether to still go or not. But on cue, my sister and Niall enter the apartment laughing.

"Hey how was dinner?" I said from the couch, both their eyes widened at my presence. "It was lovely," my sister was the first one to say.

"How was the brother?" I asked, changing the channel. "He was lovely," it was Niall's turn to say. I eyed them suspiciously.

"What's wrong with you guys?" I asked.

"Nothing," they both said way too fast.